Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Selhurst Park owner goes into administration

Rock Investments has gone into admin.

Could go two ways this one. Jordan the snake will get his chance to buy back the ground at a discounted level, or the asset will be taken over by a creditor.

Why do i get the feeling everything is going to fall nicely for them...?

Comments

• Options
    Why don't CL buy it?
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited June 2009
    Surely the Receivers will demand the full valuation for Sellout?
  • Options
    very few people will want to buy selhurst so Palace will get hold of it on the cheap I reckon...however I would be very happy to donate £50 to the 'lets buy selhurst Park' fund at CL !!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Surely the Receivers will demand the full valuation for Sellout?
    That could be interesting!
  • Options
    But if the orange twat is honestly trying to sell why would he buy the ground. It may make them a more interesting purchase but if he really does want out the cirus one will not buy them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]very few people will want to buy selhurst so Palace will get hold of it on the cheap I reckon...however I would be very happy to donate £50 to the 'lets buy selhurst Park' fund at CL !!
    Steady on! Who says it's worth that much? ;-)
  • Options
    The adminstrators are legally and duty-bound to secure the best price for the assets. Which might mean flogging the site for property development. Which, in turn would mean Crystal Palace being homeless.

Can anyone think of how they might be able to play games without their own ground. Maybe sharing someone else's?

*ducks for cover*
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Lets all laugh at this thread in 12 months time. Those standing in glass houses.....
  • Options
    Rock's owner Kemsley fell dramatically out of The Times rich list a couple of weeks ago.

I'm pretty sure it means that his main creditor,The Bank of Scotland will now become owners. They'll certainly want to recoup as much of their losses as possible - though the annual rental income will pull in £1.25m alone.
  • Options
    According to Property Week: Paul Kemsley, the founder of the business, no longer has any interest in the Rock Group or the group’s assets in the UK or in the US.

http://www.propertyweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=297&storycode=3141899&c=1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]From Property Week[/cite]PricewaterhouseCoopers real estate partner, Barry Gilbertson, who is advising on the group's assets, said: 'Rock has a strong track record of buying, improving and trading properties. As administrators, our role will be to manage the individual assets in this portfolio in a difficult market, protecting and enhancing value in anticipation of market recovery.'
    Sounds like PwC will look just to continue to sweat the investments for now and flog them when the market conditions improve. In other words, this should not change anything for Palarse in the short term.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Rock's owner Kemsley fell dramatically out of The Times rich list a couple of weeks ago.

I'm pretty sure it means that his main creditor,The Bank of Scotland will now become owners. They'll certainly want to recoup as much of their losses as possible - though the annual rental income will pull in £1.25m alone.

does that meen he wont be doing the interviews for Sir Alan 2nite
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]Lets all laugh at this thread in 12 months time. Those standing in glass houses.....

Indeed, we're in no position to laugh at anyone
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Surely the Receivers will demand the full valuation for Sellout?[/quote]

They are obliged to get as much as they can, but as much as they can may mean 1p in the £, they are also obliged to not sit on their hands and wait for things to get better in the overall economy.
  • Options
    It only goes to show the precarious state that Palace are in. I concur with SantaClaus, we're not that far from the precipice ourselves. Although saying that should Palace go into administration I'd be drunk for a week! Happy, happy, joy, joy!
  • Options
    Could well work out well for Palace unless Sainsbury's fancy having their store open every Saturday PM and expanding it to create a super store with lots of parking.

Sainsbury certainly have the cash but would they get the planning permission? They may want to buy anyway with an eye to the future
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]The adminstrators are legally and duty-bound to secure the best price for the assets. Which might mean flogging the site for property development. Which, in turn would mean Crystal Palace being homeless.

Can anyone think of how they might be able to play games without their own ground. Maybe sharing someone else's?

*ducks for cover*[/quote]

True the adminisitrators will try to sell at best price but highly unlikely it will affect Palace much as:

1. There are a lot of very cheap, very easily developable pieces of land out there that could be bought ahead of Palace, development sites just are not selling at the moment and no property developer is going to buy a football ground at the moment IMO when they could buy something else.

2. Even if a property developer did buy it, Palace still have an occupational lease in place for another 23 years or so i should think(i beleive the original one was advertised at 25) therefore no one could do anything with it during this time unless Palace wanted to leave or stopped paying the rent (in which case they would be bust so who cares about Selhurst!).

In reality the adminisitration of the Freeholder will mean very little to Palace except that they will either a) have a new landlord and everything will continue as normal or b) they will buy it themselves making them a more investible club and probably getting it very very cheaply at the moment-my guess is it is worth absolutely no more than 50% of what was originally paid in todays market - and could even be as low as 40%...
  • Options
    lets make it into a mega sainsburys!!
  • Options
    Will Jordan want to plough another £10 - £15m to buy the freehold when he's trying to sell? Interesting times over at SE25
  • Options
    I can't see this affecting Palace very much. The premises is leased and as such can't just become "unleased". The creditors will probably sell it to a business who will be happy to pay to get the rental income. It could of course be Jordan/Palarse but presumably he/they couldn't afford to buy the freehold when negotiating with Kemsley originally.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know how long thier lease is?

Based on an 8% return a £1.25m rental pa values the ground at £15.6m. A football club as a tenant may be considered a higher risk though so you may expect a 10 or even 12% return in which case the cost would be £10.4m
  • Options
    Will Jordan want to plough another £10 - £15m to buy the freehold when he's trying to sell? Interesting times over at SE25
    Does he have that much to invest? Reading all the press reports over the past season I get the impression he's all spent out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]The premises is leased and as such can't just become "unleased".

Not for anywhere near as long as the 23 suggested earlier in the thread.

Addickted wrote about it at length to correct one of the palace who post on here a while back.
  • Options
    The biggest change I can see, is a potential change of Landlord.

I'd love it, if Jordan could buy the ground on the cheap, to make it a better investment for potential buyers, but can't honestly see it happening, although maybe potential club owners may see it as a chance to acquire the ground as well.
  • Options
    Or a chance to do something decent with the land.
  • Options
    If the new owners of Sellout, BoS, get' a reasonable offer for the site then they will grab it with both hands for cash. They don't have to sell it, but they must get 'as good a price as possible' (I have no idea how you actually define that).

Palace have a 25 year full repairing lease on Sellout, at about £1.25m PA - Pretty much a standard lease re rent reviews, regular internal/external maintenance, security of tenure, first option to purchase the freehold at agreed amounts (which increase by about £3m every three years!).......

So whoever buys has a virtually gauranteed sitting tenant for 25 years who will be returning you £1m a year (after costs), an increasing revenue stream, a valuation on the asset that has a guaranteed future value...... basically a nice little earner; and a lot of people with a spare £10m laying around may be interested.

Whatever the situation, you can bet your bottom dollar, the Orange Buffoon will be putting in a 'competitive' bid for the ground - even if he's down to his last few million. £1m PA guaranteed income can still get you a pretty large mortgage.