Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool sign Bent

JTJT
edited June 2009 in Other Football and Sports

Comments

• Options
    Ha! That took me a minute to figure out!
  • Options
    Very good JT.
  • Options
    Lol, excellent
  • Options
    very good lol :-)
  • Options
    very good, took me a cup of coffee to work out...
  • Options
    Excellent
  • Options
    :-)
  • Options
    Brilliant !
  • Options
    In all seriousness I Bent is going to me be moving on this summer, do we have a sell on clause?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]In all seriousness I Bent is going to me be moving on this summer, do we have a sell on clause?

I believe so but the sell on has to be greater than what Spurs paid us. So in effect no?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was hoping it was Marcus
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]In all seriousness I Bent is going to me be moving on this summer, do we have a sell on clause?

I believe so but the sell on has to be greater than what Spurs paid us. So in effect no?

Is that a normal clause for sell on deals?
  • Options
    V gd!

I'm not sure whether we still do have a sell-on clause as we did a deal with Spurs to get the money quicker, ie not in installments. Whether that included foregoing the sell-on clause I dont know
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]

Is that a normal clause for sell on deals?

yes, because you get an agreed percentage of the profit, not the fee itself. So if Spurs sold him for 20m, a 4m profit (roughly) we get xx% of that. If 20% that'll be 800k.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]Is that a normal clause for sell on deals?

Sometimes. I'm sure it was the case with Bowyer when he looked to be moving from Leeds. A percentage of the profit, not the entire fee.
  • Options
    I seem to recall a lot of discussion on here about the club selling on the debt to a third party in order to collect the majority of the fee at the time of sale. Can't remember the details, if any were even provided...