Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gym etiquette

edited June 2009 in Not Sports Related
Was down the posh gym I subscribe to that is so posh it's called a James earlier and I was confronted with a phenomenon.

I has finished up in the shower and was returning to my locker to dry off and get changed. I noticed a chap of possible arabic/Turkish origin weighing in at around 20st. He was naked, and standing drying his considerable hairy frame with a hairdryer. The lot, his pits, his cock and balls, his back etc.

Does anyone else do this in a communal changing area? I thought it was rotten, the guys should just bring more towels with him. Thing is, now I'm going to want to try that.

Is that acceptable or not?

Discuss

Comments

• Options
    Does the gym provide towels ....
  • Options
    This does happen a lot in my local Bannatynes. I love 60 year old+ men bending over starkers within inches of my face.
  • Options
    "a chap of possible arabic/Turkish origin weighing in at around 20st..."

Sounds like you'd found a mirror Dicko...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Is that acceptable or not?
    Is what acceptable? What he was doing? Or you watching him?
  • Options
    I am pretty sure some people go to the gym just to stand naked in the changing room afterwards for a good hour or so.
    Naked people in the sauna as well... what is that about
  • Options
    could be our new centre forward
  • Options
    when changing in the gym the etiquette is to worry about who is looking at your dongler, but to stare at everybody elses.
  • Options
    Its not acceptable, but i'm afraid old(er) ppl do what they want, esp if theyve got money, I'm at a small posh(ish) gym and unfortunately yes it occurs, vile ppl
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]"a chap of possible arabic/Turkish origin weighing in at around 20st..."

Sounds like you'd found a mirror Dicko...[/quote]

You saucy c**t!

[quote][cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]when changing in the gym the etiquette is to worry about who is looking at your dongler, but to stare at everybody elses.[/quote]

Now that is unusual sir!

People can stare at my dongle all they want, I don't care personally. Looking at other mens jewellery is not my cup of tea but whatever flicks your switch
  • Options
    I think the proper thing is to ask if you could do his back
    Hair as it's a bugger to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is why I avoid gyms at all costs! Also why I'm fat and unfit!
  • Options
    On my cycle to work this morning I found myself behind a very large chap on a disproportionately small bike. Not that I have anything wrong with large/weighty folk on bikes it's just that this particular person was wearing a full body, lycra, figure hugging body suit. So stretchy were his shorts that you could see the colour of his arse flesh as it sagged over the back of his tight fitting saddle. I was stuck behind this fellah for two minutes (he was actually quite nippy despite his size), so sick I was of the sight of this man's bum crack I eventually decided to pull over and let him get far enough ahead so I wouldn't have to stare at his rear end any longer than necessary.

Needless to say I skipped breakfast this morning.
  • Options
    This is the funniest thing I have heard / read all day. And why did I just know that Riscardo would be the first response.

For what it's worth I'm wondering as there was a hair dryer in the changing room if you were actually in the womens and not the mens?
  • Options
    Thats another issue mate, I don't think it's right but appears to be the done thing now at these establishments.

They have a sunbed in the male changing room too. Some of those boys love mincing onto that after 'spotting' each other on a free weight bench for an hour or so. The amount of comedic material there is endless.
  • Options
    You wouldn't put up with that sort of behaviour down the pub mate, so why put up with it in some poncy gym?

Unless you quite enjoyed it, of course???
  • Options
    I go to Fatness First in Crapdon. Soppy gadge next to me in the changing room this morning was conducting his f***ing love life on his mobile whilst I was trying to get dressed. Listening to it put me in a foul mood all day. Mind you, as you'll have gathered, it doesn't take much to put me in a foul mood.

As for the hairdryer question - never done it, but deffo giving it a whirl next time I'm down there. If I survive I'll let you know what sort of reaction I got.
  • Options
    Exactly, although I think the pub would be alien soil to these skidmarks. Unless it's got a name like Jimbo mimbos or MoWIVULVA they would not be there.

Fatness Fast. Had a membership in the chats one for a few years. Another good source of material.

Used to get Chatham boys in the sauna telling some tremendous lies to impress the pikey women in there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]. I noticed a chap of possible arabic/Turkish origin weighing in at around 20st.

His surname weren't Read was it ?
  • Options
    See the hairdyer treatment down Virgin Active occasionally plus the odd piecing ala Riscardo but doesn't bother me either way.

Just got back from a 1/2 mile swim and a quick sauna and I think you get a more civilised crowd then. All the guys who grunt on the machines and splash away when swimming tend to go in the evenings.

Interesting seeing all the ladies arriving after the school run
  • Options
    I used to go to the Virgin gym and Angel, it had so many goings on in the changing rooms and steam room I cancelled my membership. One bloke was walking around the shower area fully aroused. Almost hung my towel on it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wish I was a little more relaxed about these things. In foreign countries I've lived in nakedness was no problem around the sauna and jacuzzi. Personally I felt very uncomfortable and keep a towel round the midrift at all times.

If that happened in my gym in the UK I'd not want to go back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]I used to go to the Virgin gym and Angel, it had so many goings on in the changing rooms and steam room I cancelled my membership. One bloke was walking around the shower area fully aroused. Almost hung my towel on it!

lolololol

we dont get much of that in the ladies!! tho it gets on my nerves when women stand completely naked in front of the mirror doing their make up and preening their bodies.

tho i dont suppose it would annoy you men much.
  • Options
    Brilliant thread, this. Never set foot in a gym myself (hence why I'm in the same boat as March51) but after reading this I think I should have a dabble just for comic value!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]I used to go to the Virgin gym and Angel, it had so many goings on in the changing rooms and steam room I cancelled my membership. One bloke was walking around the shower area fully aroused. Almost hung my towel on it!

lolololol

we dont get much of that in the ladies!! tho it gets on my nerves when women stand completely naked in front of the mirror doing their make up and preening their bodies.

tho i dont suppose it would annoy you men much.

Think it depended on what colour the, er lipstick was?