Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KENT CRICKET

LINK HAS GONE DOWN ON JUSTIN TV PLEASE POST SCORES INCLUDING DUCKWORTH LEWIS CALCULATIONS

Comments

• Options
    KENT YOU ARE A DISGRACE FCUKIN GET ON WITH IT DENLY STEVENS HANG YOUR FECKIN HEAD IN SHAME YOU W*******KERS
  • Options
    So the umpires wait until Sussex are a whisker ahead and bring a fast bowler on- then go off for bad light GGGrrrr
  • Options
    read the title of the thread and first post none of you tossers helped me out for that no cheap shirts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;-)
  • Options
    sussex should be docked 2 points. if your pitch is unfit you get deducted points, whats the difference?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solaraddick[/cite]So the umpires wait until Sussex are a whisker ahead and bring a fast bowler on- then go off for bad light GGGrrrr

no excuse for not going after the spinners,wouldn't have happened if Key had been there very poor effort.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]read the title of the thread and first post none of you tossers helped me out for that no cheap shirts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;-)

me and mog did... on the other thread.
  • Options
    when i get back to uk I will find out some prices and let you peeps know what i can go them at,apart from BDL ;-)
  • Options
    Why me??

Not buying you a pint now.................runs off and sulks in corner
  • Options
    LOL i've gotta be cute with samurai when I find out prices I will post it as members only.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Stevens & Denly batted shockingly. It was SO obvious that they had to get ahead early if they were going to win, yet they turned down singles and didn't push to turn singles into twos. Very poor batting has cost Kent the game. No excuses, they just got it very badly wrong.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]I thought Stevens & Denly batted shockingly. It was SO obvious that they had to get ahead early if they were going to win, yet they turned down singles and didn't push to turn singles into twos. Very poor batting has cost Kent the game. No excuses, they just got it very badly wrong.

Totally disagree. Kent had no idea how long the match would continue. D/L is all well and good when you don't lose wickets and that is what Kent followed. They made sure they didn't lose a wicket. If you have ever played cricket you know that after a good stand 1 wicket often brings another. Then you are under pressure.
    It is so wrong that Sussex had so much say, they bowled slow bowlers while it suited them but once ahead the brought on a quickie and the light was too bad.
    D/L should only be used if the weather has interviend, not if your bloody floodlights fail. Sussex should lose the game by default.

And if I ever see Paul Alott again in the flesh, I will punch his lights out = PRAT.
  • Options
    chirpy mate i agree with you tottally. it was a disgrace. If im not mistaken hasnt this happened before ?
  • Options
    Imagine at a football ground the home team winning 1-0 floodlights fail at 60 minutes.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Chirpy the difference between losing a wicket and the extra runs needed because of it was very small (about four to six runs if I remember correctly) Denly and Stevens blew it big time, two or three hefty blows at any point during our innings instead of the softly softly approach and the result wouldn't have been in doubt....they still had all their wickets in tact FFS!
    All the other arguments re the unfairness of it all (which are very valid of course) would have been completely academic if only they hadn't sailed so close to the wind.......................a wind they could so easily have avoided.I began to feel very uncomfortable after around six overs....I had a nasty feeling they were getting it wrong and so it proved.
    We blew it BIG time...totally unproffesional and inexcusable to have got themselves in that position......Rob Key watching somewhere on Sky must have been flabbergasted!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Got to agree with SoundAs. After about 6 overs they knew there could only have been four or five overs at best. According to the commentator the difference in losing a wicket after 8 overs was just 2 runs. Even taking it safely they should have ensured they were at least one run ahead of the well publicised run rate. Totally unprofessional and they blew it in my opinion.
  • Options
    stoopid game ;-)
  • Options
    There is no doubt in my mind Kent blew it. There were singles there for the taking and with the knowledge that a wicket would change the situation they could in my mind easily have got themselves into a match winning position and held it. They knew the options when they one the toss and chose to bat second albeit that there was still a remote possibility of the lights working by the second innings.

Having said all that it is a disgrace that Sussex the hosts come away with the points and the paying/viewing public were so badly let down in the form of not seeing a genuine cricket match.

One point that didnt get much air time was the quality of the light in the last 2 overs. Seemed in the end to effect the batsmen far more than the bowlers/fielders and ultimately decided the game.
  • Options
    Shouldn't the umpires have offered the Batsmen the light 1st ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Shouldn't the umpires have offered the Batsmen the light 1st ?

No. They made it quite clear at the start that they would decide when they thought the time was appropriate. The Kent batsmen misjudged it. Simple.

Hated it as a Kent fan but was more annoyed with Denly/stevens for not pushing ahead when they could have. Even a couple of wickets wouldnt have changed it that dramatically if they had approached it better from ball 1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Came to this thread cold and with no idea what NSS was going on about.

Still not sure.

I take it Kent lost because they captain/manager weren't savy enough?

And when do I get my shirt Steve
  • Options
    will look into when i get home
  • Options
    Bugger.
  • Options
    Unbelievable

Seems Kent have gone maroon and blue ... !!!!!1
  • Options
    That Gold & Sullivan are EVERYWHERE !!!
  • Options
    Kane Richardson the Aussie quickie has signed for next season's T20