Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

'From Right Wing to B-Wing' by Mark Ward.

Can't find the recent thread concerning players who have been inside, but Mark Ward has recently been released after serving 4 years of an 8 year sentence and wrote this book whilst he was doing time. A fascinating read. He got into very dodgy company after retirement and ended up letting his house be used for the storage of cocaine worth £1m because he needed the £400 a week he was paid to keep him in booze! He didn't grass on who paid him as he was afraid for his family, so he got a heavier sentence: 'These were dangerous people'. His prison XI is;

Rene Higuita (profiting from kidnap)

Terry Fenwick (drink driving)
Peter Storey (counterfeiting/car theft)
Tony Adams (drink driving)
Gary Charles ( drink driving/breach of bail conditions)

Mickey Thomas (counterfeiting)
Joey Barton (assault & affray)
Jan Molby (reckless driving)
Mark Ward (possession of drugs with intent to supply)

George Best (drink driving/assault)
Duncan Ferguson (headbutting an opponent)

Comments

• I think he nicked the title of the book from Len Glover. Wasn't his book called from Left wing to D wing?
  • as a player always thought he was an orrible little runt, always had a snarl on his face.......
  • Yes, one of the book's reviewers says he was capable of starting a fight in an empty room. But it seems he did duff up Stan Boardman so p'raps he's not all bad!
  • Bloke's a c**t
  • heard him interviewed on five live a few weeks ago,admitted his mistake but said he was too scared to go for the shorter sentence and grass people up.Also stressed
    he had never taken drugs.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Bloke's a c**t

Amen
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]heard him interviewed on five live a few weeks ago,admitted his mistake but said he was too scared to go for the shorter sentence and grass people up.Also stressed

Never taken drugs my arse.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]heard him interviewed on five live a few weeks ago,admitted his mistake but said he was too scared to go for the shorter sentence and grass people up.Also stressed

Never taken drugs my arse.

Yeah, he didn't "take" them - they were all bught and paid for (allegedly)
  • Never taken drugs. I'll go by my very judgemental theory and that's anyone who had awful blonde highlights in the 80's, and played with Frank Mcavennie definitely partoked. The man is and was an unitelligent footballer. I've read what he had to say about his prison time, bothe before and after.

He hardly has the brains and contemplative nature of someone like Lance Armstrong who went through hell for other reasons. Good luck to him but I won't be reading his book.
  • edited June 2009
    I wasn't fanatical about Mark Ward.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty sure he was sent off in one of my early years as a Charlton fan over at Selhurst.
  • Chris.
    Playing for west ham in the fa cup late 80,s in front of the Arthur Wait stand,we still lost 1-0.
  • Not a single rapist in his 11 and no Marlon King (who's made a bit of effort to be eligible). Strange.