Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

There's a lion moved in next door

edited June 2009 in Not Sports Related
I'm not talking about some spanner scumbag, but some new people have moved into the house next door to me and they have brought with them some sort of beast that's about 8 foot long, sandy/golden brown in colour, pads around the garden all day and - when I first set eyes on it looked like a fookin lion to me.

Now, either it is a lion, or else it's some sort of lion with a dogs head. Huge big fooka it is.

Any ideas? Bull Mastiff maybe?

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2009
    English Mastiff probably. Huge feckers they are. I think the biggest dog in the history of the world ever at all was an English Mastiff called Zorba - but fecked if I can find a picture link to verify that

EDIT - not Zorba, but here's a pic of an English Mastiff:
    giant_mastiff.jpg
  • Options
    That's one fat fooka of a dog Leroy.

My new neighbour looks a bit like that - only a lot slimmer, more lithe and almost cat like.

Jeez, maybe it is a lion???
  • Options
    LOL - if you find out is IS a lion lemme know - I'll camp out in your back garden cos I fookin love 'em!

Sure its not a Great Dane? They're mahoosive.
  • Options
    Nah, I reckon it's some sort of mastiff/lion cross. Will try and take a pic tom - if it doesn't eat me first!
  • Options
    make sure you post the pic on here!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Nah, I reckon it's some sort of mastiff/lion cross. Will try and take a pic tom - if it doesn't eat me first!
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]make sure you post the pic on here!

Er........its gone very quite............
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Perhaps a Rhodesian Ridgeback?

great dogs - as are the english Mastiffs.

Ridgeback:

rhodesian_ridgeback.jpg
  • Options
    OFF IT - You've had me in stitches with this post mate - sounds like a right beast.

don't come back with a picture of a yoprkshire terrier lol
  • Options
    my next door neighbour has one too and it can be a loud fierce thing too, I swear its head is at least twice the size of a human head. God knows what it capable of. Neighbour is a butcher, so hopefully the dog will never get hungry.
  • Options
    There's no need to worry unless you've got a tortoise in your garden.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why dont you just pop round with a cake and welcome them to the neighbourhood, introduce yourself and ask them is that a lion in your garden?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]There's no need to worry unless you've got a tortoise in your garden.[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_469119 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]lion.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

Thats one very confused beastie!
  • Options
    Next door neighbour also has a English mastif, she sounds fierce but is a big coward really. Mind you was a bit concerned one afternoon when I walk round the side of my house and the barking came from above me as she had somehow managed to jump from a slope in the garden onto their garage roof,that is one hell of a dog when she is towering above you!
  • Options
    No-one has heard from Off it today. Anyone worried ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]No-one has heard from Off it today. Anyone worried ?

If he managed to leave home alive he is probably down the rub a dub being a Friday and all....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]That's one fat fooka of a dog Leroy

That's a bit harsh, she does have a nice hat on!
  • Options
    It's definitely a lion - it was chewing on a zebra earlier.
  • Options
    mountainlion.jpg

Mountain Lion?
  • Options
    And was this Zebra telling you to help and that it was a lion?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]It's definitely a lion - it was chewing on a zebra earlier.

So were you down the rub a dub when they wondered where you were?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Nope, ain't touched a drop all day Lenny.
  • Options
    Well, Is it or isn't it a Lion Off-it ?
  • Options
    This post has made my day, sooo funny. The anticpation is building ....
  • Options
    Well.................................