Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Queens of the Stone Age

edited June 2009 in Not Sports Related
Anyone?

Comments

• Options
    Yeps. Still not a quarter as good as Kyuss though
  • Options
    Yeah always liked em. Yet to release a truely good album though as they're all very weak in parts. The first half of lullabies is possibley their most solid but that's just me. Anyone seen them live?
  • Options
    Seen them live 3 times. Best was at Glasto with some fellow called Grohl on drums. They have lost their edge abit since they sacked the naked Bassist though.
  • Options
    Good band sadly not seen them live yet but as Leroy says not a patch on Kyuss.
  • Options
    Yeah seen them live usually supporting someone else like Foo's at Hyde Park but did see them at the Brighton Dome and I think they are excellent live, Josh Homme must be about 7 feet tall
  • Options
    awesome band.

loads of raw energy. But like millaphile says, lost their edge a tad.
  • Options
    Songs for the deaf was excellent, but like others I think they have fallen away since
  • Options
    Quite like em. Not bad live either.
  • Options
    Y ou should check out dessert sessions as well. Very good.
  • Options
    Songs for the death was one of my fav albums of all time, but they're not as good as Kyruss.

The ginger giant takes exception to Norwegian emos.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree heartily with the comments about them being patchy. Each album has four or five absolute belters on it, but unlike great bands, whose mediocre songs are just 'average', Queens ones are truly mediocre. Love the first album - Mexicola, Avon and Regular John are awesome. Rated R has some pearlers on it too - Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret, Monsters In The Parasol and Feel-Good Hit Of The Summer especially, but the second half is largely dross. Songs For The Deaf is, for my money, the most consistent - though the little snippets between songs really piss me off, and there are still at least four gash numbers. Go With the Flow, No-One Knows, You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar, Hangin' Tree, Do It Again and First It Giveth absolutely rule though. The later stuff - is all a bit 'meh' for me, though still with some mint tunes (Little Sister springs to mind).

Kyuss were the nuts though - truly one of the greatest bands ever - and hardly anyone knows about them. I remember seeing them live at the LA2 - I worked there at the time and met them - Nick Olivieri he was f***ed out of his nut. Homme was pretty cool though - even if he did have that 'yank rockstar' attitude to him.
  • Options
    Rated R has some pearlers on it too - Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret, Monsters In The Parasol and Feel-Good Hit Of The Summer especially, but the second half is largely dross.

Leg of Lamb has an awsome stoner rock riff. Not quite Fu Manchu but on it's way.
  • Options
    Their albums always leave me very cold- some great tracks and some very dull bits.

Saw them supporting the Foos and also headling (well that was Eagles ODM) and worked much better in a smaller venue.