Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trax Bar

Trax was open on Friday night, not sure if they are still under an appeal, as although packed didnt see anyone to ask.

and anyone who knows "the needle man" he isnt at the New Eltham place anymore but has moved to Bexleyheath , Long Lane i think.

Comments

• Options
    Its open mate , was in there saturday night but they've got a few restrictions , like you can't drink outside anymore
  • Options
    I think they are appealing the restrictions
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I think they are appealing the restrictions

I dont think they are very appealing , I like going outside for a drink
  • Options
    Will they be able to open on St Georges day ever again?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Will they be able to open on St Georges day ever again?

I think if the restrictions stand, it will mean that they could open but only use the inside
  • Options
    Not exactly practical being that only about 20 people can fit inside Trax at any one time.
  • Options
    That's the end of the St Georges Day drink at Trax if they are restricted like that, it wouldn't work with just the inside useable, its busy enough on a normal Friday or Saturday night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]That's the end of the St Georges Day drink at Trax if they are restricted like that.

that is probably the main thinking behind it.

Of course though, all they'll largely do is shift the problem to another venue
  • Options
    we already have another venue, but knowing the people at Trax they are nothing if not artfull !
  • Options
    I'm all for a booze al fresco, but not when loads of bottles are coming my way. . . .

GH, I presume you can drink al fresco at the new venue?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Trax bar...?

Sounds like it's made by Cadbury's
  • Options
    What happened on SGD ?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [A VILLAGE bar where St George’s Day celebrations turned into a riot has been banned from allowing its customers to drink outside.

Trax Bar in Mill Row, Bexley Village, was briefly closed down after more than 100 police officers, some in riot gear, police dogs and a helicopter, were called in to deal with the disturbance after the celebrations, involving more than 300 drinkers, turned nasty.

Last Thursday a Bexley Council licensing sub-committee met to review the bar’s licence in the face of continuing objections from the police and the council’s environmental health department.

Licensees Graham Bull and Gary Fuller offered a series of extra conditions on the bar’s licence, in return for the lifting of a temporary ban on outside drinking.

On their behalf, barrister Juan Lopez said the St George’s Day incident was “a rarity” and had been “unacceptable”, but he argued a ban on outside drinking would be unfair and have disastrous results for the bar.

Safer Neighbourhoods police sergeant for the village, Alison Bateman, outlined several violent incidents dating back to 2006, where she claimed had involved Trax.

But these were disputed by Mr Lopez who said the evidence was weak and anecdotal.

She also alleged incidents of racial abuse by customers when drinking outside, which resulted in a black PCSO being removed from patrols.

Licensing officer PC Eddy Boston said land outside the bar was owned by Railtrack not Trax and was a parking area and public right of way.

PC Boston said Trax staff could have no control over who was drinking outside, as they had no rights over a public area.

Mr Lopez argued any conditions would apply to the premises and it was irrelevant who owned the area.

He said Railtrack had not objected to it being used as an outside drinking area by Trax.

The bar offered a series of conditions including regular patrols of the outside area, a no-glass policy for outside drinkers and to close between 7pm and 9pm to allow “a breather” during its St George’s Day parties.

But the sub-committee ruled there would be no off-sales from the bar and customers would not be allowed to leave Trax with drinks bought from the bar.

It said it was not satisfied bar staff could control the outside area.

Trax can appeal the decision
    url=null]http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/search/4389656.BEXLEY__Ban_on_outdoor_drinking_following_St_George_s_Day_riot/null[/url]
  • Options

"Ooops, Link broken".
    Still none the wiser......
  • Options
    Just cut and paste the wesbite into your browser but leave off "null" at the end.
  • Options
    Sorry Can,
    "cut and paste" ?

;-)
  • Options
    I see the licensee is a Gary Fuller. I wonder if it's the same Gary Fuller who went to my school in Sherrington Road Charlton, and supported Charlton. He was a skinhead thirty odd years ago (If that's the correct description no offence intended).

Does anyone know ?
  • Options
    Sounds spot on mate!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I see the licensee is a Gary Fuller. I wonder if it's the same Gary Fuller who went to my school in Sherrington Road Charlton, and supported Charlton. He was a skinhead thirty odd years ago (If that's the correct description no offence intended).

Does anyone know ?

It's the same fella, Spurs fan really, but used to go Charlton many moons ago.
  • Options
    I see that SGD is on a friday next year so it'll be even busier.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2009
    GF is 100% a Charlton fan and did come from Shooters Hill area /upper Charlton. GB is the Spurs fan who use to be seen at a few Charlton games.

GF made big money in the building game and generally lives in Spain. Trax is one of his intrests. I think Curb-it knows some of the family from her Aussie trip.

and good to see the legend Duncan Frames pic still up in the bar.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]GF is 100% a Charlton fan and did come from Shooters Hill area /upper Charlton. GB is the Spurs fan who use to be seen at a few Charlton games.

GF made big money in the building game and generally lives in Spain. Trax is one of his intrests. I think Curb-it knows some of the family from her Aussie trip.

and good to see the legend Duncan Frames pic still up in the bar.

I stand corrected, I knew it was one of them who was Spurs.