Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rogue States

edited June 2009 in Not Sports Related
My mates are in an up and coming band Rogue States, thought id shamelessly plug them for the musically inclined.

Heres a video they have made for their upcoming EP lights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAFQcEyjerg

The question I have is who do you think they sound like?

Comments

• Options
    Tell them to give up now, there's already to many pop bands

no thank you, we've already got enough shit wingy bands like coldplay/travis

PS - prob not their fault they sound like 2 of my most hated bands ever, performance wise thought they were quite tight, could easily see them selling records (just to mindless idiots thou)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]Tell them to give up now, there's already to many pop bands

PS - prob not their fault they sound like 2 of my most hated bands ever, performance wise thought they were quite tight, could easily see them selling records (just to mindless idiots thou)
    Say what you feel, scruff, say what you feel.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]Tell them to give up now, there's already to many pop bands

Simon Cowell eat yer heart out...scruffle walks all over ya!
  • Options
    And there was me thinking it was a thread about North Korea and Iran
  • Options
    Very accomplished, maybe not enough of a hook. I'm kind of with Scruffle in hating this kind of stuff, but I can certainly see it selling, they're as good as other bands who appear to be doing well
  • Options
    I don't like to hold back, ran a live music venue a while back up north and got to work with some very talented bands, like I said very tight performance will prob sell records just really not my cup of tea, very very very un original, but as morts says others with just as little imagination seem to be doing well
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Sounded more like late eighties U2 to me. I expected to to only listen/watch about 30 seconds but ended up listening/watching the whole clip. They have a 'look' and a 'sound' that could take off with the right breaks and management.
  • Options
    They don't sound a million miles away from Glasvegas
  • Options
    I thought they were tight too.

Good front man, leads quite well. Decent voice.

Yeah, material not too innovative ...... but I suppose there's not much new under the sun these days.
    That's the way it is, at the moment.

No reason why they couldn't break through, evolve their material, and pick up a following.

Thought they were okay.
  • Options
    Echo'ing what Oggy said I thought they were alright. Didn't remind of of Coldplay who I really don't like or Travis who are lift music.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]And there was me thinking it was a thread about North Korea and Iran
    Same here!
  • Options
    Didn't remind me of Coldplay or Travis, like it a lot. Very tight, would expect Xfm to pick this up, would hope so.
  • Options
    I think they sound a bit like Rogue States but what do I know?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]And there was me thinking it was a thread about North Korea and Iran
    Same here!
    And me......
  • Options
    thought it had a good beat, a couple of them could do with haircuts and standing up straight wouldnt go amiss!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    Same here!
    And me......

See I'm not going mad
  • Options
    just frustrated waiting for the takeover......
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Not to sure what " Quite Tight" means? but I liked like them (And being a mindless idiot) would buy a album. Not in the same mould as my all time Favourites, The Sweet, Mud, Smokie and Alvin Stardust but they get my vote to go through to the next round. ; )

These are good : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bjOkJPoHmA
  • Options
    I think it's terrible that everyone on here starts calling a band tight when all they've seen is a video. Just because their outfits aren't designer doesn't mean they're tight. Times are tough at the moment for everyone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]I think it's terrible that everyone on here starts calling a band tight when all they've seen is a video. Just because their outfits aren't designer doesn't mean they're tight. Times are tough at the moment for everyone.

I take it then, "tight" is not good?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its alright. Reminds me of the new era Kings Of Leon mixed with Coldplay
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Cheers for the feedback.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Mates band playing Monto Water Rats (Kings Cross) 2nd Feb 8pm should anyone fancy some beer and live music.

Track from New EP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PQJr47Zcl0
  • Options
    Bump, Gig tonight should anyone fancy 8pm Monto Water Rats (Kings Cross)