Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pans People

edited June 2009 in Not Sports Related
For some reason, can't think why, somebody at work thought I might be interested in the link below:

Linky: Pans People dancing

All I remember from way back then, was Top of The Pops was compulsive viewing for any teenager going through the Kevin & Perry stage. Am I the only sad old git out there ... ?

:o)

Comments

• Options
    am sure theres an album at my dads house with them on the front of it?
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited June 2009
    That brings back memories, I still remember standing in a friends house being amazed at his colour TV watching TOTP.

ps......anyone remember those Woolworths TOTP albums, all covers of current hits by session musicians?

top-of-the-pops-vol-15.jpg

top+of+the+pops2.jpg
  • Options
    yep, Dads still got them somewhere.
    Apparently alot of the covers were done by Elton John.David Bowie,etal.........
  • Options
    Looking at those song titles on the TOTP album cover we come to"Candida".
    Who sung that, a band called Thrush .... ?

;o)
  • Options
    There's one special one... beautiful Babs... can't remember her name!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]That brings back memories, I still remember standing in a friends house being amazed at his colour TV watching TOTP.

ps......anyone remember those Woolworths TOTP albums, all covers of current hits by session musicians?

top-of-the-pops-vol-15.jpg

top+of+the+pops2.jpg

My nan bought me one of those a month for a few years..bloody awful they were :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]That brings back memories, I still remember standing in a friends house being amazed at his colour TV watching TOTP.

[img][/img]http://thehelplessdancer.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/top-of-the-pops-vol-15.jpg

[img][/img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6hDZt1e0ofY/SRYddeQ-REI/AAAAAAAACME/u4j4rSItyzI/s320/top+of+the+pops2.jpg

My nan bought me one of those a month for a few years..bloody awful they were :)

The Mike Samm Singers on K-tel records. Lol
  • Options
    Yep Pans People certainly had an appeal to those "of a certain age" as did the Young Generation. I worked with the brother of a member of the Young Generation but sadly never got anywhere near an introduction to his sister!

Not that I would have had a cat in hell's chance even if I had!
  • Options
    Once went out with a girl from The Royal School of Ballet. Nothing to do with Pans People but I have fond memories. :0)
  • Options
    Babs married actor Robert Powell who saw her on TOTP and immediately set off to take her out and chat her up. Still married, I believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Babs married actor Robert Powell who saw her on TOTP and immediately set off to take her out and chat her up. Still married, I believe.

Jesus Christ !!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Babs married actor Robert Powell who saw her on TOTP and immediately set off to take her out and chat her up. Still married, I believe.[/quote]

Jesus Christ !! ........ some people might think that was sacrilegious......( Robert Powell played Christ in a famous tv adaption for the younger ones) until you saw them dance , and that was a sin...
    How you dance to 'Voodoo Chile' is a mystery to Hendrix himself....although jimi would have screwed them at the time.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Once went out with a girl from The Royal School of Ballet. Nothing to do with Pans People but I have fond memories. :0)

Was she supple? :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Once went out with a girl from The Royal School of Ballet. Nothing to do with Pans People but I have fond memories. :0)

Well................
  • Options
    Tell us, MOG ...... we need to know ........ !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

Well................

I heard she broke it off. :-0