Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Does anyone actually like Alan Green?

2»

Comments

• Options
    He is appalling, and it gets me when he complains about somebody moving about, and especially the volume of the tannoy, like the folks in the stadiun should all be on the down low because he is there and talking on the wireless. he is a guest at a live event, he isn't doing anybody a special favour being there, let the event happen in it's own way.
    Absolutely a Liverpool fan, and the Traham Taylor stuff is true. if pressed he will say he supports lisburn or somebody, but he always gets the Liverpool gig, look out next season and find a wireless commentary involving Liverpool that doesn't involve Green. He is almost as offensive as Jeremy Kyle
  • Options
    Blimey something nearly everyone is agreed on apart from T i think?

unusual.
  • Options
    I don't mind Alan Green to be honest. Now if Jonathon Pearce is on then mute comes on too. He has to be the worst commentator on football. FACT!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Crazy[/cite]Now if Jonathon Pearce is on then mute comes on too. He has to be the worst commentator on football. FACT!

Absolutely - and he's a Palace lover to boot.
  • Options
    The worse thing about alan green is that he spends the whole time moaning, so football on the radio becomes a horrible experiance, sometimes Ive been watching a match on the telly and really enjoying it and feeling it was a good game. turn on the radio and its all awfull, moan moan moan with Graham Turner saying 'totally agree with you Alan' every five minutes. I just dont listen anymore, I dont understand why five live keep using the fella.
  • Options
    I don't know what I'm more suprised about, the fact that everybody is agreeing or that two people actually don't mind Alan Green.

Surely the BBC must be aware of how unpopular he is? Oh yeah, that's right, As far as the BBC are concerned there are only four teams in the whole football league, maybe that's why Alan Green gets to keep his job.
  • Options
    I like Alan Green.

At least he's not boring and will dish flak out when it is deserved - other commentators are far too reverential around 'big' clubs sometimes.

I can tell I'm in a minority here!
  • Options
    Dont mind him but in saying that I dont really listen to him that much.
    I think there are worse; Clive Tealsy(sp) with David Pleat, Andy Gray with his side kick, Jonathan Pearce, The woman on MOTD sometimes, Motson.
    Thinking about it I cant say care to much for any of them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Crazy[/cite]Now if Jonathon Pearce is on then mute comes on too. He has to be the worst commentator on football. FACT!

Absolutely - and he's a Palace lover to boot.

He's actually a Bristol City fan, like the (underused) Simon Crosse.
  • Options
    I am looking forward to the World Cup, won't always be at the telly, but the wireless is always to hand. If there is ever a person born to absolutely ruin the experience it will be Alan Green, a man who amazingly gets worse and worse by the week.
    Is there any chance he might get lost up the Amazon, because I swear I would rather listen to Dale Winton describing things than Alan Green?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It'll be the moaning about how his room isn't up to scratch and the game isn't entertaining enough that'll do it for me. Poor T his job and travelling the world on taxpayers coin, moaning about the privelige.
  • Options
    Green is quality. Better than that prat Collymore
  • Options
    Collymore was a footballer so at least his pratishness has some credibility. Green is a complete and utter ************* and he has no credibility to mitigate it.
  • Options
    He is utterly, utterly, utterly, UTTERLY unbearable, but because he is a 'character' we will have to put up with him forever.
  • Options

Just get the impression that he thinks Man U can do NO wrong. My wife is a Liverpool fan and was so irritated by him this season and his constant gushing praise for Man U and little mention of any other top 4 side. He speaks like he has an unhealthy 'like' of Man U, but I may be wrong...

Find the complete opposite! Sun shines out of Gerrard's arse, but tries to ram home anti-United points until he's done them to death.

He's awful.
  • Options
    There are two people I turn off immediately if I hear them on the radio. One is Mark Lawrenson the other is Alan Green.
  • Options
    Maybe we could have Alan & Emma as a double act, that would be quality.
  • Options

There are two people I turn off immediately if I hear them on the radio. One is Mark Lawrenson the other is Alan Green.

mark lawrenson is co commentating on the world cup. Hands down the most miserable commentator of all time, always sounding like he'd rather be doing anything but commentating, that and he's a massive prick to guy mowbray consistently makes me think hes a giant prick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDCQLVILuH4
  • Options
    Badger said:

Maybe we could have Alan & Emma as a double act, that would be quality.

How about Finchy and Smudger? - great when England win the World Cup with a 95th Minute goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must admit, i switch the radio off when any of Green,Savage or Colymore are on it- up their a**e 3 people could def not more be.
  • Options

These two and Savage and Collymore for me.
  • Options
    I hate this man.

No matter how well England do, he will always try and find a way to put them down. Even when we beat Spain at Wembley in a friendly he was saying that the performance wasn't "dynamic" enough. To$$er.

So glad he isn't doing 606 anymore as he just rubs people up the wrong way on purpose it seems. Darren Fletcher on the other hand is fantastic.
  • Options
    Will be really interesting to see how long he'll be around for now Mike Ingham is leaving 5 Live. Ingham was always the moderate who Green could hide behind, now that's gone, be interesting to see if the Green act can carry on
  • Options
    Where is Mike Ingham off to? I like Alan Green's commentaries because he calls a spade a spade, and if the football is rubbish he says so.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Where is Mike Ingham off to? I like Alan Green's commentaries because he calls a spade a spade, and if the football is rubbish he says so.

Except he doesn't, it seems to me. If the football is rubbish, he will say it is rubbish. If the football is stylish, impressive and dynamic (but not played by Liverpool) he will say it is rubbish. He calls a spade a spade maybe but he also calls shovels, screwdrivers and saws spades too if it suits the image he wants to portray instead of the one that is actually there.

So goddamn negative it is unreal. You could be watching Barcelona vs Real in a nine goal thriller but from Green's commentary you would get the impression you were watching a particularly bad pub match.
  • Options
    Ingham is retiring
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Except he doesn't, it seems to me. If the football is rubbish, he will say it is rubbish. If the football is stylish, impressive and dynamic (but not played by Liverpool) he will say it is rubbish. He calls a spade a spade maybe but he also calls shovels, screwdrivers and saws spades too if it suits the image he wants to portray instead of the one that is actually there.

So goddamn negative it is unreal. You could be watching Barcelona vs Real in a nine goal thriller but from Green's commentary you would get the impression you were watching a particularly grab pub match.
    I know whatcha mean. His slightly downbeat manner quite appeals to me; relentlessly upbeat commentators shouting with high excitement are merely irritating. Anyone know where the great Mike Ingham is going?

• Options
    If it was a 5-4 thriller he will emphasise 'shocking defending'. His job is to describe the action, he would do well to concentrate on that. He constantly says (nothing to do with accent) 'the penalty air' (meaning area) cutting his describing the action words short, presumably to fit in more of his drivel.