Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swine flu

got back from florida with a sore throat bringing up large thick bits of phlem,got 8 staff at work and can't risk infecting them if i have it.Bloody thing has got me paranoid waiting for nhs direct to ring back ;-(

Comments

• Options
    I shouldn't get too worried about it. Chances are you've just got a cold but you're right to isolate yourself.

You will struggle to get an appointment at the doctors though. I tried get an appointment on Monday and the earliest one was 7 days!
  • Options
    Better not log onto here NSS, don't want any lifers catching it.
  • Options
    Wife has been off work all week with a nasty cold/flu. Dr said a "summer virus"

Mind you she's not been to Florida which is practically next door to Mexico ; - )

Think you are right to ban him from CL, AFKA. I've deleted his number from my mobile in case one of his text's infects me.
  • Options
    thing is it was a full on holiday out everyday for many hours i feel like a need another one.Many days going on rides that get you soked and you walk around wet for a few hours.Couple of water parks where god knows what germs are in the water.Trouble is i have so much work to catch up on i can't afford to have anymore time off work.
  • Options
    I had exactly the same Steve. Just a cold, it cleared in a few days.

NHS Re-Direct will probably advise you to ring 999...
  • Options
    Mate, sounds like swine flu to me. There is a worldwide pandemic at the moment. I'd get yourself off to A & E if I were you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I had exactly the same Steve. Just a cold, it cleared in a few days.

cheers mate back to work tomorrow then
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I had exactly the same Steve. Just a cold, it cleared in a few days.

cheers mate back to work tomorrow then

I was back in the day after landing, so get on with it, you big jesse