Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Some unseen footage of the Play off final 1987 vs Leeds

Found these on youtube!!

They bring back so many good merorys!

I have never seen some of this footage before especially the interviews with Azzlewood and Pearson and the god they call LENNIE HOUDINI...

COME ON YOU REDS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W05tFsL7XQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrTQ8sdEj6s&feature=related

Hope these work??

Comments

• Options
    Some good stuff there.

Love the close up of Peakie charging towards the bench when we scored the winner. Also, no wonder Shirtliff kneed that c*** Baird in the head after the shocking challenge he put in in the away leg. He should've walked for that.
  • Options
    They work just fine, mate, thanks. What memories, even if they do have a northern bias!
  • Options
    great clips,cheers
  • Options
    Lennie Lennie Len... Lennie Lennie Len... Lennie Lawrence show!

F*** me those clips brought back some memories
  • Options
    Great find TN...thanks very much....yes fabulous memories...I went to all those games.
  • Options
    Very good videos. Not seen any of the away game at Elland Road, didn't realise the goal was so scruffy. Shame there's no footage of the home game as I was at that match and wouldn't mind catching it again!
  • Options
    Looking for it now mate!

If I find it I will post it on here.
  • Options
    goose pimples whenever shirtliff scores that winner....
    leeds 's goal at st andrews was from a right moody free kick
  • Options
    The bloke who had the original shot at Elland rd for their goal
    Was that Bob Taylor, the one who was at WBA, for years?
  • Options
    I think it is, he's very young if it is him. Just checked he played 42 times for Leeds between 1986 and 1989.

Also, cheers TN!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great clips....

the extra bit of peakey running after it goes in, never seen that before...
  • Options
    Heartening stuff and the only game I have ever left without a voice!
  • Options
    What a great birthday present for me that was!

Had to miss the replay at St Andrew's because my very pregnant wife was about to give birth ..... and even I couldn't be that much of a b*stard. Anyway, seeing your kids born is one of life's miracles and should never be missed.

Anyway, baby still hadn't arrived by the time the match kicked off, so I locked myself in the bathroom with a transistor radio....... and went through the agony and ecstacy all alone.

What did the missus say afterwards ....?

"What's the matter with you ...... ? It's only a bloody football match."
    Some women just don't understand, but I suppose Charlton never was on her list of priorities.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]What a great birthday present for me that was!

Had to miss the replay at St Andrew's because my very pregnant wife was about to give birth ..... and even I couldn't be that much of a b*stard. Anyway, seeing your kids born is one of life's miracles and should never be missed.

Anyway, baby still hadn't arrived by the time the match kicked off, so I locked myself in the bathroom with a transistor radio....... and went through the agony and ecstacy all alone.

What did the missus say afterwards ....?

"What's the matter with you ...... ? It's only a bloody football match."
    Some women just don't understand, but I suppose Charlton never was on her list of priorities.[/quote]

Great story Oggy!
  • Options
    When we used to take 25% of our home crowd to away matches!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    yeah when our home crowd was 839
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I'd go to Portacabin Corner whenever I could (I'd just moved down to Cornwall in those days), although it was often easier for me to travel to away matches.

But I had a string of mates who vowed never to go to "home" matches but never missed an away match - literally went to every away match wherever in the country it was, and on principle never set foot in Parkhurst.

We had a great away following back then.
  • Options
    Fantastic, we really had some very fine players back then didn't we?

Mark Reid and John Humphrey - top class full-backs.

Peter Shirtliff - brilliant centre-half.

Bob Bolder - One of the best keepers around.

Robert Lee - Emerging talent.

Colin Walsh - Brilliant passer and dead ball man.

Happy days indeed.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    You forgot Jimmy Melrose and Garth Crooks up front.

And Andy Peake & Mark Stuart (Amos) - Lennie the Legend famously said of Mark Stuart: "He can be brilliant or anonymous, he could play for Barcelona or Bromley - it's up to him".

;o)
  • Options
    What a time, those were the days!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still cant abide Mervyn Day.....lol
  • Options
    One of the best set pieces in Charltons history shirts second.
    Don't get goals like that anymore.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]One of the best set pieces in Charltons history shirts second.
    Don't get goals like that anymore.

Very well worked and properly executed, wasn't it? And with penalties just minutes away.

Fantastic clips, Tel.

I listened on the radio like Oggy, though not stuck in a loo! - can anyone confirm that Trevor Brooking was the summariser? Seem to remember him being very dull - they just kept going on and on about how it might be heading for penalties - a very novel way to decide big matches in those days. But Shirts made sure we saved them for a play-off final a few years later...
  • Options
    The free-kick move was thought up by Charlton Coach, Brian Eastick. He didn't last long at the club but he earnt his money with that one.