Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Toon in for curbs

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
ALAN CURBISHLEY is being lined up to become Newcastle boss.
Toon owner Mike Ashley is trying to sell the club but he is making contingency plans should a quick sale not materialise.

Curbishley has been sounded out and, despite the chaos that surrounds the club, he would be willing to move up to the North East.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/359906/MIKE-ASHLEY-MAKES-MOVE-FOR-ALAN-CURBISHLEY-Alan-Shearer-could-be-forced-out.html

Comments

• Options
    I think Curbs would do well to steer clear until Ashley has sold. Plus 50000 deluded topless men baying for blood week in week out is just unecessary pressure. Only a messiah deserves that.
  • Options
    Too far north for Curbs.
  • Options
    More lazy journalism. Curbs ain't that mad is he? . (Cue press conference at St. James' park)
  • Options
    My source tells me that once appointed Curbs will look to secure the Geordie Smiler as Chief Executive - LOCKED ON NAILED ON FACT.

;-)

Might be too far north but with the Geordies in the gutter right now expectation will only be an automatic return to the Prem followed by general consolidation the year after. Think Curbs can achieve that IMHO.

But who knows. PV may well be revealing Curbs at the press conference he has set up at Sparrows Lane this week instead. At least there is a cleared desk for him - allegedly ;-)
  • Options
    If it's in the News of the World it must be true.
  • Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!
    What a load of shite!!!
    Replace Shearer, an even bigger Geordie icon than Keegan?

Curbs isn't that daft!!

Absolute poisened challice!
  • Options
    The one thing the geordie fans won't accept now is another Cockney.
  • Options
    He'd be crazy to take that job before Ashley sells and also until Shearer rules himself out of the job. If he takes the job and it's perceived that he's only been appointed because he's cheaper than Shearer then he may as well resign on day one, the Barcode Fans will never accept him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]The one thing the geordie fans won't accept now is another Cockney.

Praps...
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]the Barcode Fans will never accept him.

Merv will jump into the home end with his top off on a cold January night to celebrate a late winner - NAILED ON FACT!
  • Options
    I really can't see it happening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    they should have appointed him instead of shearer and they wouldn't be in the mess they are now ....
    but i suppose shearer was the more exciting option for newcastle fans .....
    still they've got new grounds and more chance of winning this season so they'll right be looking forward to it
  • Options
    Poisoned chalice as SE10 says.

It would be deadly for any manager to go to NUFC until Shearer has failed, and failed in the eyes of the fans, as otherwise every defeat or less than Brazil 1970 style performance will lead to calls for Shearer's return.