Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£650,000 per year for image rights.

no, it's not what real madrid are paying ronaldo.
no, it's not what L.A. galaxy are paying beckham.
no, it's not what liverpool are paying torres.
and no, it's not what simon cowell is paying susan boyle.

it is what newcastle are paying joey barton.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]no, it's not what real madrid are paying ronaldo.
    no, it's not what L.A. galaxy are paying beckham.
    no, it's not what liverpool are paying torres.
    and no, it's not what simon cowell is paying susan boyle.

it is whatnewcastle are paying joey barton.

Effing hell ! Imho football has a serious cancer called money and I can`t help thinking in the end it might well kill the patient.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Newcastle were in a world of their own within the Premiership, which in turn is within a seemingly untouchable world of its own.. (That make sense?). So what happens now?
  • Options
    Great another nail in the coffin of Newcastles finances
  • Options
    And what a great image it is that they are paying for.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Effing hell ! Imho football has a serious cancer called money and I can`t help thinking in the end it might well kill the patient.

Hopefully the bubble will burst soon. Supporters won't be willing to pay for the money that is in the game through ticket prices, merchandise, sky subscriptions etc and football will have to change to adapt to this. The money in football can't go on increasing indefinitely can it? I hope not.
  • Options
    If you want to know what is wrong with football today....... here is a good start....... What image does Barton actually have that could be marketed...... tags for lags perhaps, alternatives to cigarette butts!, How to act in a McDonalds...... with guest support by Lee Bowyer ....... etc.etc.....
  • Options
    You would have a cow if you knew how much we had to pay Pardew in imagine rights. At least Barton is only in programmes every so often just think how often Pardew was on the website and in the programme.....
  • Options
    Well, we seem about as far from the madding crowd now...so not something we have to worry about.....the top flight money is killing the game outside of the PL though.
  • Options
    'City had been close to sacking him in 2004 after he accidentally stubbed out a cigar in the eye of a youth team player Jamie Tandy at their Christmas party '

just one of those accidents .... the bloke is evil
  • Options
    I want Barton's agent!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently it's just a standard way of doing a tax write off. Or perhaps Joey Barton dart boards are very popular...