Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today's Spanish MotoGP

Even if you're not into motorcycle racing try and watch this race when Euro Sport show the repeat, I think it's on of the best I've ever seen, with a climactic last lap which has you on the edge of your chair. Not even the great Mike 'The Bike' Hailwood could live with Rossi and Lorenzo at the moment. Also try and catch the 125cc race just to see the leader being roared on by his home crowd on his way to victory. Well, not quite, as he crossed the finish line he slowed down to wave to the crowd and five 'bikes shot past him- he still had a lap to go!

Comments

• Just watched the race on Eurosport, saw the 125 race yesterdaymorning, was very funny, but boy oh boy that main race was absolute awesome, racing does not come better than that! Rossi is obviously the king of kings, me n my bro have been following him for years now, but i tell you what that last lap had me gushing, what awesome riding, bravery and sheer determination, as i just said racing does not come better than that last lap, fecking amazing and i would urge anyone to watch that race and say its boring. Wonderful stuff.
  • Absolutely jaw droppingly fantastic, sport. Best I've seen since Vale bumped Sete off at Jerez. That 125 race was insane as well. For anyone interested in watching, here's the iPlayer link for the race. The last lap is the bit you'll really want to see, but really there's a lot of good racing throughout.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00l926l/MotoGP_2009_Round_6_Catalunya/
  • Yeah Morts i used to love Vale and sete's rivalry, that was a proper.
  • I reckon history is going to repeat itself with Simo and Bautista and we can enjoy it all over again MCS

Wish the sport got more coverage. We've all got to be fascinated in Hamilton and Murray, but nobody even knows anything about the many good British riders we have, particularly Bradley, who manages to combine talent with not being an utter pr*ck.
  • I just wish the commentators, on Eurosport and the Beeb, would give it a rest so that we could hear the bikes better, at least in the eatly laps. Most of their talk seems to be about tyres and they repeat themseves any number of times on this subject. Less jaw more roar!
  • lol March i agree, but i do love Charlie cox on the bbc comentary, he says some brilliantly funny things!!

Yes Morts, i agree about simo and alvaro, both very talented, i think simo has been signed up to the grissini Honda team next year, awesome hair, awesome rider lol. It does go to show tho that the transition between 250 and moto gp proper isnt that big if the talent and balls are there, you just have to look at both Whore-hey (awesome name lol) Lorenzo and Dovvi, he just impresses me more and more. Great sport, never gets a mention as it should, as i have seen some of the best sporting moments in it, remember last years race at Laguna seca, that was effing mental!

Yeah well Bradley Smith is just getting better and better, bless him he is only a pup too racing against some real talent. He'll be a star he will, i am 100% of that. Great temprement and ginger to boot lol
  • Was that Laguna race the one where they were bumping all the way round until Stoner lost it? That was a cracker too. Just saw the one from Sunday though and it was pretty special.

The thing with Smith that I like is his temprament. Before he'd won a race he was leading into a last corner someplace and got done on the line, but in the interview afterwards he was really happy and excited for De Meglio (I think).