Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seven subs next season....

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
in the Football League.

What's the point ? Half the clubs will have youth players sitting on the bench with no chance whatsoever of getting on

Comments

• Options
    Suits tinkering with the rules to justify their existence imho. Totally agree AFKA.
  • Options
    Totally agree, wasn't it Stockport who came to us a couple of seasons back in the League Cup and couldn't field a full subs bench?
  • Options
    We should do it as a runners up prize in the Addicks Instant Jackpot :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]in the Football League.

What's the point ? Half the clubs will have youth players sitting on the bench with no chance whatsoever of getting on

maybe, but surley it helps them with there progress of getting experince of the whole match day seeing how a model pro like matt holland conducts himself on a match day!
  • Options
    No this should be Valley Gold only :)
  • Options
    oh Bugger!
  • Options
    Don't worry it will 11 subs in the near future
  • Options
    We've seen plenty of dire games over the years, where 11 subs should have come on ......(!)
  • Options
    A good move in my opinion. The youngsters are more likely to be given a chance thrown on when a result is beyond doubt
  • Options
    Don't think it's a bad thing. More youngsters will get to experience a match day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Don't think it's a bad thing. More youngsters will get to experience a match day.

I think its a good thing also, deff gives teams more options to mix it up a bit aswell mif its going reet badly!!
  • Options
    Are teams still only limited to three substitutions per game?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]Are teams still only limited to three substitutions per game?

Yep...
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday will be ok...
  • Options
    As I always say when a sub is immenant," Don't hold up the number 11, they'll all walk off..........."

Still makes me laugh..........

*coat & Overcoat*
  • Options
    If they're on the bench for a first team match do youngsters get a bonus or does their money stay the same under the terms of their contract?
  • Options
    They probably get appearance money like the other 1st teamers ...... but I should imagine only when if they've actually played in the game itself.