Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sir Mark Thatcher

WTF how did this twat get made a SIR ? services to knobheads ?

Comments

• Options
    Hereditary peerage - he took the title when Dennis departed to the great club in the sky (or down below)
  • Options
    Incredible.

These days many seem to get knighted on the basis of ....... the more you exploit the system, the less common sense you have going on between your ears, and the more you act like a buffoon - then the more qualfied you are to receive honours.

And sadly today .......it's not even just Tories that qualfy.
  • Options
    Wasn't he allegedly responsible for a failed coup in some African country?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Incredible.

These days many seem to get knighted on the basis of ....... the more you exploit the system, the less common sense you have going on between your ears, and the more you act like a buffoon - then the more qualfied you are to receive honours.

And sadly today .......it's not even just Tories that qualfy.

If only I exploited the system, I have the other qualities ; )
  • Options
    and what about those vermin in the banking industry, that have got away with the biggest ever heist that is going to decimate our public services, that get to keep their peerages,knighthoods etc . Not only should they be taken off them but an administration of £10 million each should be levied as a starter to get our money back
  • Options
    Isn't he the one who could have done with sat nav being invented twenty years earlier
  • Options
    You must be joking...i hope he didnt get lost on the way to the palace :)
  • Options
    I would however on reflection like to thank Sir Mark Thatcher -----------------his title proves beyond ANY doubt that the House of Lords has had its day and hereditary pearages should be in the bin.
  • Options
    Not only was he partof the groupthat engineered a failed coup but he then denied all knowledge and blamed it on someone else who is now rotting in one of the worst jails in Africa. By all accounts Carol Thatcher, for whom I have little love hates him. Was portrayed in recent TV program as a realmummy's boy
  • Options
    I'm sure the alleged coup was him just still being lost in the Palace Dakar Raleigh about 20 years ago and he just ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The coup was in the Seychelles(sic) i think. There was defo a coup that he was involved in , the other Brit guy was ex SAS and has gone down for it.

yes he got lost in that car race thingy and mummy sent the boys out to find---no worries tho the tax payer paid for it. Hope mummy is geting the real NHS treatment like my poor old man did.
  • Options
    Thatcher helped to try and organise a coup in Equatorial Guinea in Africa and then when it fell apart he used his Mummy's contacts to cop a plea bargain and get a suspended sentence.

He basically left the bloke he had recruited to organise the coup, an English SAS guy called Simon Mann, holding the can and Mann got a very long sentence which he is currently still serving.

The point of the coup was to install a "friendly" government in the country which has huge oil and gas reserves which Mr. Thatcher was rather keen on getting access to.
  • Options
    There is really nothing to feel sorry for Michael Mann for. His company, and his actions have never been interested in the stability of countries. Who cares what happens to him? Doesn't look like he or Mark Thatcher cared about many of the South African Black mercenaries they used. The shit that Mann exploited in Angola means he deserves to rot in hell.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]There is really nothing to feel sorry for Michael Mann for. His company, and his actions have never been interested in the stability of countries. Who cares what happens to him? Doesn't look like he or Mark Thatcher cared about many of the South African Black mercenaries they used. The shit that Mann exploited in Angola means he deserves to rot in hell.

True, I didn't say that I felt sorry for him, just that it was unfair that he got left carrying the entire barrel of shit for Mummy's Boy.
  • Options
    He is a Baronet - hereditary knight - this does not make him a Lord or give him the right to sit in the House of Lords (only 92 Hereditary peers do anyway now).

Maggie Thatcher had her husband, Dennis Thatcher, created 1st Baronet Thastcher instead of taking a hereditary peerage when she stepped down. Mark Thatcher inherited the Baronetcy.

We are lucky, it used to be the tradition that retiring Prime Ministers were given a hereditary peerage.

The title Baronet was created by James 1st and was given to Scots landowners who settled in Ulster during his reign (and was the start of the recent troubles as the Scots were protestants settling in a Catholic Irish population).
  • Options
    Maggie Thatcher had her husband, Dennis Thatcher, created 1st Baronet Thastcher instead of taking a hereditary peerage when she stepped down. Mark Thatcher inherited the Baronetcy.

When Thatcher stepped down as an MP she was due to become a life Lord as is normal and standard procedure for senior politicians. However this wasn't enough, as it would put her on a par with other cabinet members and politicians etc, she wanted to become a hereditary peer, but as a woman that isn't possible so it was fixed for her that Denis Thatcher would get a baronetcy which comes with the title "Sir" that can be inherited. This was I think the first baronetcy (and only) since the 1960s. A tribute to the vanity of his mother.

He also received a multi-million-pound commission on the £20 bn Al Yamamah arms contract with Saudi Arabia, (this was alleged to be £4m). I'm sure that his mother was PM at the time the deal was signed was pure coincidence...

In addition to the above deal - and the failed coup in Equatorial Guinea (which is pure terrorism) he has been involved in loan sharking, racketeering and tax evasion.
  • Options
    No point in having power unless you can use it to make your life and your families lives better I suppose.
  • Options
    sounds like he works for MI6 then..

:)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]This was I think the first baronetcy (and only) since the 1960s. A tribute to the vanity of his mother.

I believe George Thomas, on retiring as Speaker of the House of Commons, was also given an hereditary peerage, although this was a bit of a nonsense as he had no children to inherit it.
  • Options
    could he adopt?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]could he adopt?
    I'll volunteer!

Arise, Sir Chizz of Charlton - works for me!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]There is really nothing to feel sorry for Michael Mann for. His company, and his actions have never been interested in the stability of countries. Who cares what happens to him? Doesn't look like he or Mark Thatcher cared about many of the South African Black mercenaries they used. The shit that Mann exploited in Angola means he deserves to rot in hell.[/quote]
    Agreed, but not alone