Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheap golf and Local Driving ranges SE London and north Kent

Anyone know any good ones that will be quite on a weekday? have been to sidcup and thamesmead but looking for somewhere new, best mate is back from his world travels and we wana start going at least once a week whilst im out of work so need somewhere for a cheap driving range and maybe a decent 9 hole, Barnehurst is down the road from me but never been. Bexleyheath Sidcup and blackheath seems to be members only. Any help most welcomed.. Cheers all. Adam.

259350.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Pedham Place has a range, not sure about prices though. Not cheap to play golf.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Pedham Place has a range, not sure about prices though. Not cheap to play golf.

i was going to suggest there, thought the rates weren't too bad really! golf links
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    This is a good course for someone who hasn't hit a ball in a while, very open and flattish, not many ob places. And possibly one of the best par 3 holes on a public course, hole 13 I think? 14 just checked :)

http://www.southernvalley.co.uk/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Pedham Place has a range, not sure about prices though. Not cheap to play golf.

i was going to suggest there, thought the rates weren't too bad really! [url=http://www.ppgc.co.uk/pedham.html]golf links[/url]

28 quid for weekends! I can play Shootershill for £20, admittedly with a member.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    £28 is a bit rich but adam is looking to play a week day though, which after 4pm it's £12. also has a 9 hole for a tenner or if you play before 10am is only a fiver.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]£28 is a bit rich but adam is looking to play a week day though, which after 4pm it's £12. also has a 9 hole for a tenner or if you play before 10am is only a fiver.

Just joshing with you :) one of our society members used to be a member at Pedham, he got banned for life for putting the Pro on his ar5e for prodding him in the chest as was swinging a chipping wedge on the first tee box. Was some years back now, but funny.
  • Options
    I played at Lullingstone park the other day (bout 10min from brands hatch), alrght course esp for a pay n play, always dead so beginners are welcome and quite wide fairways so can spray the ball around abit.

Also it 2 4 1 on all green fees after 1pm (mid week), think until end of june, so 18 holes is £9 each, which makes it bloody good value for money, I also played a blinder there last week will deff be going back!!

Off to westgate 2moz and wednesday, £20 for a days ticket and some of the best greens in kent, nice short course by the sea.
  • Options
    barnehurst is ok , short 9 hole course but has lot of trees & bunkers and a few oob. If you play it take plenty of balls.

I just played Romney warren this evening - twilight rate after 4pm of £12 is a steal. again, quite as hort course for an 18 holer, but is next door to Littlestone if you want a proper course ( I was going to play that for £35 but they had a competition on.....boo hoo). Shot an 82 - one of my best scores ever.

Playing walton Heath next month on a corporate day. Now that will be a test.
  • Options
    Theirs a good one which has recently opened in magpie hall lane in petts wood / bromley
  • Options
    Southern Valley is just round the corner from me. You could always try Gravesend Golf Centre behind Cascades in Thong Lane. Fairly decent range and a short par 3 nine hole course that is fairly tricky (for me that is!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Southern Valley is just round the corner from me. You could always try Gravesend Golf Centre behind Cascades in Thong Lane. Fairly decent range and a short par 3 nine hole course that is fairly tricky (for me that is!)

haha you said thong!!
  • Options
    If you join this website they email you nearly every week with discount Tee Times in your area -

http://www.direct-teetimes.co.uk/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Southern Valley is just round the corner from me. You could always try Gravesend Golf Centre behind Cascades in Thong Lane. Fairly decent range and a short par 3 nine hole course that is fairly tricky (for me that is !)

haha you said thong!!

Look on the map! Always a conversation stopper, where do you live? Thong!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]Theirs a good one which has recently opened in magpie hall lane in petts wood / bromley

Just opened? its been there for years or did it shut down and recently reopen? was never the best course but then again I love playing Shootershill just wish could afford to join :(
  • Options
    Apologies AFKA/Admin if not suitable for here but if anyone is interested, I'm considering selling my TaylorMade golf clubs. I bought the full set of Burner plus irons (4I-SW) brand new in December 2008 and added a burner driver, a burner 3wood and a burner 3/4 hybrid in January 2009. Also got a 3 ball Oddessy putter. I've played about 7 or 8 rounds with them but havent played since March and not likely too now (long story). With the trolley, TaylorMade cartbag, balls, waterproofs etc, there's well over £950-£1,000 of equipment so would be taking a huge loss looking for somewhere between £500-575.

At the moment, the clubs are sitting in the garage doing nothing so they deserve a good home and the cash would be better spent elsewhere.

If anyone is interested, feel free to send me a whisper and I'll send you the full details of what I've got.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Duck-Killer Brown[/cite]If you join this website they email you nearly every week with discount Tee Times in your area -

cheers for that duck-killer.

have signed up and am playing kent & surrey (formerly edenbridge) tomorrow for £9.

anyone played it recently?
  • Options
    played about 4 months ago, nice course.
  • Options
    There's a driving range in Swanley. It's run by the Town Council and is dirt cheap.

Swanley Golf Centre
    Beechenlea Lane , Swanley , Kent , BR8 8DR

Tel 01322 615 126
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Duck-Killer Brown[/cite]If you join this website they email you nearly every week with discount Tee Times in your area -

I've used this website before - £5 to play 18 holes at Chelsfield.