Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just watched the farewell Curbs DVD

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
we really had the makings of a decent side there....

He had the balls to mix it up after the Danny Murphy episode...switch back to a 442 after getting thumped a few times.. and to be honest Bryan Hughes looked really good value....

I think back to that time and we were werent satisfied as supporters... but we really did play some very neat football... and at times very incisive...

Looking at us now, it difficult to take.... and its amazing what a good or bad manager can do to a club....

As long as we are still afloat by the time we find our next Curbs or lennie or Jimmy, or even curbs and gritt......

We needed this change for the fans to reunite.... im absolutely confident that if we ever do get back to the promised land that there certainly wont be any booing!!!

And if there is its our responsibility to clip whoever it is round the ear!

Comments

• Options
    Ever heard of Freedom of Speech ?
  • Options
    Of course mate....

I spose what I was trying to say is that once, and if, we battle our way back we will have a bit more of a perspective on where we are and what we have....

I felt completely different watching that DVD than i did at the time when i thought it was stale, boring etc....

and to have booed Alan C when we were in the prem and finishing mid table each year, now seems completely ridiculous to me....

If and again its a very big if, we get ourselves to stability again and then push on I feel a new level of appreciation will be felt by the people that will have gone through the journey to the third division and back....
  • Options
    Why ridiculous ? It was stale, negative over cautious. I'd rather see us having a go in Div 3 than going through the motions in the Prem. The journey is always more exiting than the arrival.
  • Options
    The idea that our Prem years were all spent being boring and negative baffles me totally. Being in Division 3 brings me no joy whatsoever but we have to grind it out and hope that we can return to Division Two swiftly.
  • Options
    wellie watch the dvds... the prem yrs... and even his last year were far from boring football.... some very good goals and some very good football.....

I certainly swap that with hereford in the cup....
  • Options
    a few good people lost their jobs now that we have hit division 3. there is no guarantee that we will have a go this year. some thought we would have a go for the last 2, but honestly,the football has been dogwank.
  • Options
    Then demand it. Get angry on a matchday, there seems to be plenty of passion on this forum, why so quiet when it matters. Hereford in the cup is where we are FACT. The "glory" days are gone, this is an opportunity for a fresh start, forget what has gone before, teams will come to The Valley next year right up for it, we've got to be up for it too, players and fans.
  • Options
    you lost me at the Bryan Hughes value comment...

:)
  • Options
    i know I think i lost myself there too raz....

but man he scored a few really pretty decent goals.... and three assists for dazza... and a blinding half volley cross that really looked pretty tasty....

Check it...
  • Options
    just didn't have the 90 minute work rate for me, or much pace..

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]just didn't have the 90 minute work rate for me, or much pace..

I dont rate the bloke he just looked a bit tidier that I remeber him.... I spose im just highlighting that when you look back on things they appear different to how I saw them at the time...