Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southampton

2»

Comments

• Options
    Why would anyone think this is too much info? With Le Tissier as a front runner not able to complete the deal and the club on the brink of oblivion, it's absolutely correct to highlight their plight and bring in potential investment. If it were taking place at the Valley, I'd want to know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]It was always going to happen one day the way football has been since the big bucks arrived. Just be grateful it isn't us, yet! :-(
    To be fair it happened a long time before the big bucks came in. Third Lanark, Accrington, Aldershot and others went to the wall for the same basic reason: spending more money than they had. Whether it's a bigger or a smaller pot doesn't really make that much difference as far as I can see.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Aren't Accrington stanley in trouble again?

Who were the six England captains playing for Southampton
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Here's a few off the top of my head:

Peter Shilton
    Kevin Keegan
    Mick Channon
    Alan Ball

Dave Watson

And Mick Mills
  • Options
    and there's talk of the football league considering further points deductions for not paying their players too, they could have an even bigger points deduction for the start of the season (if they start the season at all)! and we think our situation is bad......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SaySomething[/cite]and there's talk of the football league considering further points deductions for not paying their players too, they could have an even bigger points deduction for the start of the season (if they start the season at all)! and we think our situation is bad......

They seem to be on a self destruct mission, with all their ego and posturing.

If they just would take it on the chin, and get on with it ......they'd soon make up 10 points, if they were determined enough.
    10 points is only 3 wins and a draw - pick off a couple of the leading pack and you've soon closed the gap.

If they don't watch out they'll get hammered for further transgressions, and cop another 15 point dedction on top.
    Then they really are knee deep in the jolly old brown stuff.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SaySomething[/cite]and there's talk of the football league considering further points deductions for not paying their players too, they could have an even bigger points deduction for the start of the season (if they start the season at all)! and we think our situation is bad......

They seem to be on a self destruct mission, with all their ego and posturing.

If they just would take it on the chin, and get on with it ......they'd soon make up 10 points, if they were determined enough.
    10 points is only 3 wins and a draw - pick off a couple of the leading pack and you've soon closed the gap.

If they don't watch out they'll get hammered for further transgressions, and cop another 15 point dedction on top.
    Then they really are knee deep in the jolly old brown stuff.

Think you my well be correct or Le Tiss and co are not serious about paying the asking price.
  • Options
    the paid the wages for may (500k) so i think there was some serious intent.

The front man for the swiss bid seems very odd. All very strange.

The football league have shown with leeds and luton that they take no prisioners. This will not be easy for soton.

Not good for cafc imho. Scares off bankers and backers.
  • Options
    From SSN :-

Light appeared to be at the end of the tunnel for the troubled Saints when the Pinnacle consortium seemed prepared to accept a 10-point penalty that would allow the takeover to go ahead.

However, the move has collapsed amid suggestions there were fears among the owners that the Football League may impose further sporting sanctions as a result of wages not being paid and the club getting into more financial difficulty due to the delay with the takeover.

Le Tissier said in a statement released to Sky Sports News: "It is with great regret and frustration, due to ongoing issues with the Football League, that I and in turn those behind the Pinnacle consortium have decided to withdraw our interest in purchasing Southampton football club.

"With the ongoing issues with the Football League persisting, our backers have simply refused to provide the requisite funds to complete the takeover.

"I hope beyond hope that (administrator) Mark Fry can find a buyer for the club. We were unaware of the issues with the Football League when we entered into our agreement to purchase the club, and them coming to light so late in the day has resulted in our backers' decision not to proceed with the terms on offer."

Fry is now thought to be left with two potential buyers - but intimated last week he would have to consider starting to wind up the club by Friday.

Meanwhile, manager Mark Wotte, whose contract expires on at the end of Tuesday, told the Southern Daily Echo: "I have my last day on Tuesday and then probably I will stop doing this job.

"But I don't know who is going to do the training sessions for the first team. Michael Svensson and Dean Gorre are also gone.

"The problem is we don't know anything that's going to happen in the next two days. Players and staff are running out of contracts."

Glad I don't support them I really would be desperate tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]From SSN :-

Light appeared to be at the end of the tunnel for the troubled Saints when the Pinnacle consortium seemed prepared to accept a 10-point penalty that would allow the takeover to go ahead.

However, the move has collapsed amid suggestions there were fears among the owners that the Football League may impose further sporting sanctions as a result of wages not being paid and the club getting into more financial difficulty due to the delay with the takeover.

Le Tissier said in a statement released to Sky Sports News: "It is with great regret and frustration, due to ongoing issues with the Football League, that I and in turn those behind the Pinnacle consortium have decided to withdraw our interest in purchasing Southampton football club.

"With the ongoing issues with the Football League persisting, our backers have simply refused to provide the requisite funds to complete the takeover.

"I hope beyond hope that (administrator) Mark Fry can find a buyer for the club. We were unaware of the issues with the Football League when we entered into our agreement to purchase the club, and them coming to light so late in the day has resulted in our backers' decision not to proceed with the terms on offer."

Fry is now thought to be left with two potential buyers - but intimated last week he would have to consider starting to wind up the club by Friday.

Meanwhile, manager Mark Wotte, whose contract expires on at the end of Tuesday, told the Southern Daily Echo: "I have my last day on Tuesday and then probably I will stop doing this job.

"But I don't know who is going to do the training sessions for the first team. Michael Svensson and Dean Gorre are also gone.

"The problem is we don't know anything that's going to happen in the next two days. Players and staff are running out of contracts."

Glad I don't support them I really would be desperate tonight.

Id be at the bottom of a deep bottle tonight if I supported them....

Absolute disaster.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/apr/09/sport.comment

Now have John "asset striper" Bachelor, the man who wanted to rename Mansfield Harchester Untied sniffing around.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/apr/09/sport.comment[/url]

Now have John "asset striper" Bachelor, the man who wanted to rename Mansfield Harchester Untied sniffing around.[/quote]

sounds like he has the midas touch?
  • Options
    Saints 1-0 up v. Eastleigh
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/apr/09/sport.comment

Now have John "asset striper" Bachelor, the man who wanted to rename Mansfield Harchester Untied sniffing around.

They'd be better off going out of business than let him take over :-(