Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Truly crap holidays

13 days of solid rain in North Cornwall. Highlight was kids sailing paper boats on the river that ran through the caravan awning. What was your crappiest holiday?

Comments

• Options
    Had the misfortune of going to Paris, absolute hell hole of the highest order, horrible rude people, unhelpful cabbies, eiful tower is crap, chomps de easy is boring, an absolute hell hole, really expensive, and me and the mrs at the time wanted to come home straight away. orrible
  • Options
    Sidmouth, Devon. When I was 14. Absolute sweet FA to do apart from visit the local botanical gardens. Holiday from hell.
  • Options
    My parents once took us to some ski resort in France, during the summer...
  • Options
    Shaem el sheikh

Ill for 5 out of 7 days. Had to barter with the doctor for medicine.

14 months on, have exactly the same again. But at least I'm bedbound to my own bed
  • Options
    Worst for me was Majorca how the feck people rave about this smelly fecking place is beyond me, Over crowded hotels and we paid top dollar for it the pool was the size of a match box and you queued for 50 mins every day to get a bed by the side of it and then push pull and fight with people to get the beds

over crowded beaches, Shit food and shit people.

I will never ever ever ever step foot in that country again nor will i ever book to go somewhere like that again unless i go in a villa
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Shaem el sheikh

14 months on, have exactly the same again. But at least I'm bedbound to my own bed

Wouldn't go back then mate, was looking at there for october!!
  • Options
    Ibiza when i was 17 arrived to bottle being hurled of the balcony at us, flood in reception, a drunk in the lift,bog roll and condoms in the pool, ants marching across my face in the morning absolute hell. Thank god another groups of mates arrived 3 days in and we spent so much time round there gaff!!
  • Options
    A week in Tenerife, rained every day!

Yugoslavia, wife got food poisoning, completely ruined holiday. Such a poor country.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Had the misfortune of going to Paris, absolute hell hole of the highest order, horrible rude people, unhelpful cabbies, eiful tower is crap, chomps de easy is boring, an absolute hell hole, really expensive, and me and the mrs at the time wanted to come home straight away. orrible

thank Gawd, someone else that hates Paris. I'd been there about two hours and both myself and Mrs Large wanted to go home. Worst holiday I ever had. Only saving grace was we were only there three days. How anyone can think it romantic I'll never know.
  • Options
    Last year lake district camping for week rained everyday we pitched on an oasis of grass in a sea of mud............2am in the morning holding the tent down to stop it flying off dogs barking river of mud flowing past we both started laughing how the f8ck can this be called a holiday.......packed up after 4 days and headed south for the sun.....and the garden !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alcudia, Majorca - stinking canals in rubbish attempt to emulate Venice, full of fat Northern chavs walking around the supermarket in bikinis and drinking beer for breakfast, mostly English 'restaurants' selling everything with chips and showing Coronation Street and Eastenders on the telly every night - I wanted to come home half way through the holiday and I was only there for a week!!

Other areas of Majorca are much nicer. Paris is lovely but it basically just a city so if you live/work in London then why go there?!
  • Options
    This is quite funny ...

Mallorca is lovely. Ibiza even better. Paris is beautiful in springtime ... have had a 3 day break and countless days there.

The thing is plan where you go and what you do. Was on the beach in Ibiza once when some Northerner walked past in a jumper and socks, kid you not. So packed up and went somewhere different.

Eat the local food, and drink the local fire water ...

Tenerife is great if you dont go to Los Americas
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Had the misfortune of going to Paris, absolute hell hole of the highest order, horrible rude people, unhelpful cabbies, eiful tower is crap, chomps de easy is boring, an absolute hell hole, really expensive, and me and the mrs at the time wanted to come home straight away. orrible

It's funny New York and Paris are two of my least favourite cities, yet others think it is 'the place to be'.
  • Options
    Never had a crap holiday, tend to make the best of things whatever happens, I am happy as long as I am not at work!
  • Options
    Went to south of france as a kid. Coach all the way, driver got lost in paris, heard the phrase "and on your left is the eiffle tower" about 14 times. Stayed in a "mobile home" that was smaller than the boot of my car, the locals were rude and unhelpful, weather was terrible, pretty much put me off france for life.
  • Options
    Magaluf, lads holiday, 17 years old. Ill all week, thought it was food poisining.

Came back and was diagnosed with Leukaemia 2 days later. Truly crap.
  • Options
    Worst was some costa del I forget, when I was 20. End of season. We didn't want to go there just booked at the last. I think everone of us had a fight at some point. Quite possibly the worst ever food I've had in god shite english restaurants, had to end up eating in a chinese as it was the only one passable; and I hate anglicised chinese. An absolute horror.

If you go to New York, you really have to plan. For me it's an awful city to walk around. If I wanted to go to an East coast American city that's pleasant to walk around in summer it'd be Boston.
  • Options
    Yeah i agree with ya there col, Boston is an awesome place.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Boston is an awesome place.

Awesome? I think it's time to say "Have a nice day" to you. Or, if you want the rather funnier West Coast expression "How's it hanging?"

You're welcome.
  • Options

Yup, I'd agree with that. Place absolute sapped my will to live. It's filthy (I disinfected my paws before eating anythng and still had a couple of bouts), you can't go anyplace without people trying to sell you total garbage and you can't buy anything without hours of pointless haggling (that they'll try to go back on anyway)

Shame because there's good diving, incredible history (nearby) and perfect weather.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Magaluf, lads holiday, 17 years old. Ill all week, thought it was food poisining.

Came back and was diagnosed with Leukaemia 2 days later. Truly crap.

Certainly puts complaints about dodgy food into perspective.
  • Options
    Dom Rep
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Dom Rep

Oh yeah, I'm with you big time on that. Went once and it was rubbish. Thought it was a one off and couln't be as bad again. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Crap hotel (again), full of Northern chavs making the most of the "all inclusive" on offer by getting off their face by 10:30 and letting their, fat, snotty, loud, horrible kids run wild and who think dressing for dinner is putting yet another football shirt on over their beer bellies. And that's just the women...
  • Options

Snap.

Ill for 4 out of 7 days. Re-heated Rice was to blame I reckon.

The worst stomach cramps, ever. Tracky bottoms and hoodie on in bed with no air con on and it was 42c outside!

Truly awful holiday, and I would never go back.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: P_Air[/cite]

Snap.

Ill for 4 out of 7 days. Re-heated Rice was to blame I reckon.

The worst stomach cramps, ever. Tracky bottoms and hoodie on in bed with no air con on and it was 42c outside!

Truly awful holiday, and I would never go back.

Sharm is truly awful also. Did you have the pool thingy going on also? Everyone I know has never been able to get in the bloody things in Sharm because they cater for the Russian market & the pool temperature must be approaching zero or below at all times....gawd I've had so many rubbish holidays it's a wonder I ever make the effort.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Dom Rep

Oh yeah, I'm with you big time on that. Went once and it was rubbish. Thought it was a one off and couln't be as bad again. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Crap hotel (again), full of Northern chavs making the most of the "all inclusive" on offer by getting off their face by 10:30 and letting their, fat, snotty, loud, horrible kids run wild and who think dressing for dinner is putting yet another football shirt on over their beer bellies. And that's just the women...

That sounds just like the place we went to. Playa de something. Couldnt wait to get home.
    What is with northerners? They eat to much, drink like its their last and behave like absolute twats. Always have to wear sweaty football shirts and let you know they are there. All inclusive is great but but it does northerners.
    I'm trying very hard to think of somewhere to go this year where I dont have to look at them for 2 weeks.
  • Options
    worst holiday - boys brigade camp in Harlech (Wales) - must have been early 80's and it rained all week. Spent most of the time digging trenches to stop the rain from running through the tents.

As for Paris & Majorca..........I don't like the French at the best of times but surely if you are in the City of Lurve you have got to visit Pere Lachaise cemetry where Jim Morrison and Oscar Wilde are burried........hvae also visit Majorca a few times as we own a timeshare there (Marriott resort) -. Not a bad place but then we usually spend most of the time sitting round our own pool without being disturbed by anyone.

PS - for those of you who are moaning about their holidays always remember what was said in Total Recall - the one constant thing in all your holidays is YOU.
  • Options
    Think i would give the sharm a swerve
  • Options
    Have to say my honeymoon in sharm was superb, but there are probably two things that contributed to that:

firstly, didn't go into sharm itself, stayed at our hotel apart from our trip to cairo and the pyramids
    secondly, did quite a bit of research on the hotel before I booked.

Lastly, a lot of brits get ill in sharm because they are stupid (me included). You arrive in a hot country and instead of aclimatising for a day or two, you hit the all inclusive bar, have 3 big meals in the all inclusive restaurant and sit out in the sun. Then at the end of the first day, dehydrated, suffering from mild heat stroke and stuffed to the gills with food you conclude it's the cleanliness of the hotel that is making you so ill.

Where we stayed, Laguna Vista, was spotless, wish our hospitals were as clean! And my wife, who took it a bit easier on the first couple of days, didn't suffer at all, despite eating the same food, drinking the same drinks, etc.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]
    Where we stayed, Laguna Vista, was spotless, wish our hospitals were as clean! And my wife, who took it a bit easier on the first couple of days, didn't suffer at all, despite eating the same food, drinking the same drinks, etc.

You sure that it wasn't a bout of man flu?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAdMr8h36lE