Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away games weekends or day trip advise needed ?

With the fixtures out tommorow i was wondering if some of you more experienced gents and ladies could help me

It would appear we havea embarisment of riches next season for fun days away but funds are tight and the good lady diy list its yards long so need to choice wisely
i know depends on when we play who but just need bit of heads up on any gems to go to

A) Go down friday stay friday night back saturday
Southend Brighton

B) Go down saturday stay saturday night
Norwich

C) Go down friday stay both friday and saturday
Carlisle Exeter Yeovil

D) Day trip
Brentford Bristol Gillingham Leeds Orient Millwall MK Dons Southampton Wycombe

E) Dont touch woth a barge pole
Or
F) Havnt a clue as could well be on mars
Hartlepool Huddersfield Oldham Stockport Tranmere Walsall

FTP make sure i stay sober mate

Comments

• Options
    Everyone of those trips has the potential for a laugh(Millwall excluded),You could mix and match do a few long trips with a few close trips.Maybe give Southampton a miss as thats been a bit lively in the past few seasons.Southend and Brighton always good.I think i've got 5 new grounds to go to(Hartlepool,Carlisle,MKDons,Bristol R and Col U's new ground)
  • Options
    You're not going to MK Franchise:
    I forbid it !!
  • Options
    MOg okay noted that save a few bob unless its last game of season or we need points to go up........
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]You're not going to MK Franchise:I forbid it !![/quote]

ROFL

If you do go then its def a day trip, nobody should stay in that plastic town for longer than they need to (Not that being unfairly dismissed from there a year ago this week.has any influence on my thoughts)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]You're not going to MK Franchise:
    I forbid it !!

It's a new ground and i'm going so....Nah!
  • Options
    Walsall is definately one to drop mrs off in Birmingham for shopping and get the train up, Birminghams a good night out too.
  • Options
    Southend & Brighton, down Friday night, stay until Sunday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]It would appear we havea embarisment of riches next season for fun days

You never know we might pick up the odd point to make even more enjoyable.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]It would appear we havea embarisment of riches next season for fun days

You never know we might pick up the odd point to make even more enjoyable.

Wooaahh - now you are pushing it a bit ... points as well! Whatever next!
  • Options
    For Hartlepool a stay at Newcastle quayside is good, if you want to go a bit downmarket you have Whitley Bay (which is where I will be)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Away days are simple, get a good bunch of reliable mates, book the first train out of London and the last one back to London, as long as u have good mates with you and good liver you will be fine, why spend more money on B&B when u can crash out on the train home
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Away days are simple, get a good bunch of reliable mates, book the first train out of London and the last one back to London, as long as u have good mates with you and good liver you will be fine, why spend more money on B&B when u can crash out on the train home
    Agreed
  • Options
    Personally cause I'm a lazy bastard, and hate that getting across London at 1 in the morning stuff.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Personally cause I'm a lazy bastard, and hate that getting across London at 1 in the morning stuff.

Me too, much rather a b&b, rather than rushing and worrying about missing your train, especially if intoxicated.
  • Options
    For Hartlepool, stay in Middlesbrough/Redcar.

Also, the best night out in UK for the women.

Newcastle isn't all its cracked up to be and 1 night there is enough imho.
  • Options
    Middlesbrough is a dump, been there, done it, never again. Can't comment on Redcar

I have relatives in Whitley Bay, it does attract the Hen Party's I must admit.
  • Options
    Its a cracking night out.
  • Options
    Whitley Bay is the nuts, sorts everywhere, even for fat ugly blokes like me
  • Options
    Get out of Wycombe after the game, it is a hole and one of the few McDonalds that has a security guard to keep an eye on the local 'bad boys'. Otherwise lots of nice towns on the Thames nearby for riverside beers such as Marlow and Henley.