Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fao MCS - The Alcohol Thread

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
Olly - thought I'd drop you a line as just went to Asda and picked up 4 Aspalls for £5 or it's 1.50 a bottle

Enjoy mate!!!

Comments

• Options
    Oh thats good price, enjoy dude, watch out tho, strong sods they are!! But really nice. Asda it is then lol
  • Options
    my local at work now got it on draught just need to get one of the glasses now !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Olly - thought I'd drop you a line as just went to Asda and picked up 4 Aspalls for £5 or it's 1.50 a bottle

Enjoy mate!!!

went to my local Asda 16 bottles for a score roll on saturday

[cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]my local at work now got it on draught just need to get one of the glasses now !!

the only shame about the draught stuff is it is only 5.5 %
  • Options
    What does that work out a bottle NLA??? 16??? for a score?????
  • Options
    1.25 MCS
  • Options
    Some good real ales on offer at lidl at the momment, Spitfire @ 1.19 a bottle,hobgoblin,Bishops finger and a few others.
  • Options
    what vancouver said 1.25 per bottle 6 or 7 hours of singing and joyus laughter, 4 hours of hangover 20 quid well spent
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]what vancouver said 1.25 per bottle 6 or 7 hours of singing and joyus laughter, 4 hours of hangover 20 quid well spent[/quote]

I find cider gives me less of a hangover than lager or bitter. Aspalls is so smooth, I almost prefer it to "real" cider. The Premier at 7% is more bang for your buck than the draught, but both have a similar taste. Well recomended.
  • Options
    Looks like a trip to Asda and Lidl is on the cards before the weekend
  • Options
    Just got back from Asda charlton, basically i went cos they do cheaper deals on baby food (we keep a few jars in case i dont feel like cooking anything nutricious for Daisy if i dont my mrs makes what i call gypo food ie kiev and chips and beans or similar ya know half hour in oven jobbie!) and to see if i could get me hands on some cheaper aspalls, they didnt have bloody any!! Gutted!! I think the asda charlton is just for the scummers (by the looks of the dregs of society in there i am spot on) as i normally shop in sainsburys!!

Bought a 4 pack of scrmpy instead and if i can be arsed will go to the spasda in greenhithe, used to shop in there alot when i lived in Dartford was nicer than the Charlton or Bex e eef branches!!

Just gonna jump in the shower now that asda has given me cooties!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Some good real ales on offer at lidl at the momment, Spitfire @ 1.19 a bottle,hobgoblin,Bishops finger and a few others.
    I'm propping Lidl in Welling up at the moment at those prices...excellent

I tried Early Bird the other day for the first time, very disappointed i have to say, way to mild for me and not a patch on Late Red or Spitfire
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Just got back from Asda charlton, basically i went cos they do cheaper deals on baby food (we keep a few jars in case i dont feel like cooking anything nutricious for Daisy if i dont my mrs makes what i call gypo food ie kiev and chips and beans or similar ya know half hour in oven jobbie!) and to see if i could get me hands on some cheaper aspalls, they didnt have bloody any!! Gutted!! I think the asda charlton is just for the scummers (by the looks of the dregs of society in there i am spot on) as i normally shop in sainsburys!!

Bought a 4 pack of scrmpy instead and if i can be arsed will go to the spasda in greenhithe, used to shop in there alot when i lived in Dartford was nicer than the Charlton or Bex e eef branches!!

Just gonna jump in the shower now that asda has given me cooties!

Asda Greenhithe, top notch fella
  • Options
    Yeah, i used to live in Dunlop close (bottom of temple hill mmmmm nice) rented my first flat with mrs mcs there, and we used to use spasda greenhithe, and it was bloody alright, not like the scumbag infestered ones at swansea, charlton and bexeyeef.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Yeah, i used to live in Dunlop close (bottom of temple hill mmmmm nice) rented my first flat with mrs mcs there, and we used to use spasda greenhithe, and it was bloody alright, not like the scumbag infestered ones at swansea, charlton and bexeyeef.

LOL....swansea.......

us Ingress parkers wouldn't go anywhere else :-)
  • Options
    Oh, Ingress park eh, ver posh!!

WE looked in there, and the other one (is it waterstones park??) but they were just too dear, so the dunlop close flats were like 200 quid a month cheaper!! Still couldn't afford tho and had to move back to my mars anyway lol! How far we have came in that time!! But yes that asda was the highlight of a very low poor time for us!! lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Oh, Ingress park eh, ver posh!!

WE looked in there, and the other one (is it waterstones park??) but they were just too dear, so the dunlop close flats were like 200 quid a month cheaper!! Still couldn't afford tho and had to move back to my mars anyway lol! How far we have came in that time!! But yes that asda was the highlight of a very low poor time for us!! lol

some very good deals on shared ownership fella, thats how we got on, couldnt have done it otherwise, lovely area, and quiet. Yes, Waterstone park is around the corner past the roundabout by McDonalds.
  • Options
    Greenhithe store opened when we lived in Swanscombe, went back in there recently and it's still good
  • Options
    Da9 we were renting back then, probably about 4 years back now, and even shared ownership me n the mrs were only about 13k each, add the bit of debt to that and we had know chance mate!! Renting was the only chance, and we struggled to find the 550 a month!! We had to move home, swallow pride and try again, plus look for better jobs!! Which we did, and we got some debt down, and now were here!! yey

CFW glad its not just us who appreciate greenhithe asda i am gonna show the mrs this thread when she get in from being the man of the house!! Then she will probably beat me like the dog i am, and tell me she is the daddy. I love it!
  • Options
    Went down to ASDA Charlton earlier and found another Shepheard Neame beer I'd not heard of - Goldings Summer Hop Ale. That's me in the garden with me feet up later then!
  • Options
    I'm getting a bit peed off with all this reduction of ABV. Olde English down to under 5% as now is Dry Blackthorn. Today at Ascot they were selling 4% Stella FFS!
    I like my beer/cider strong thank you. STRONGBOW!!