Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky on Hereford

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
speaking from a deckchair in the garden of his Essex home Phil Parkinson, the closest Charlton currently have to a Manager, commented 'It's a good draw, those that say otherwise are talking a load of bull. A football team will win the Carling Cup this season, I can guarantee that, and there is no reason it can't be us, sorry Charlton Athletic. I'm sure the lads will go down there and give it their all. It's a good place to play your football and Hereford are a decent team. If we go there, bugger, if Charlton Athletic go there and keep it tight, the midfield work their butts off and the lone striker gets a bit of luck I'm sure the lads can nick it. If not then they will go out of the Cup with their heads held high, it's no disgrace to lose at Hereford, it's happened to better teams than us, sorry, Charlton.' Asked on his plans for the future he commented 'I'm not looking too far ahead. I'm hoping to hear from a Chairman, well one of the two Chairman, soon as to my future at the Club but neither seem able to make up their mind. I'm not optimistic but you never know. Apparently there is a takeover on the horizon too so maybe the new owner will still want me. Until then I've the grass to cut and a bit of weeding to do so I'm keeping busy.'

Comments