Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wild speculation, but...

edited June 2009 in Rumours
1. Rumours persist that Charlton will be taken over and an announcement to that effect will be made on 23rd or 24th June.
2. Charlton have announced a "tour" to Ireland.
3. Ryanair has announced that it will shut its website down for ten hours on 24 June. (Apparantly for "maintenance", but would a holiday flight company really choose to do maintenance on their website - and thus prevent customers from checking in - in the middle of June?)

Is it possible that Mr O'Leary is behind PV's bid? And that an announcement is due on two websites (ryanair.com and cafc.co.uk) simultaneously?

Comments

• Options
    I said about eight weeks ago that I'd heard that Michael O'Leary was behind the takeover bid. Think you are onto something here Chizz.
  • Options
    Wow thats a corker ! Bonkers but a corker.
  • Options
    I hope not. I can see us having to pay for having a slash if, this is true. At least if he introduces a wins surcharge we'll not be hit too badly
  • Options
    OFFICIAL - Chizz and Large are going takeover stir crazy
  • Options
    Crazy talk!
    You guys are mental!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Crazy talk!
    You guys are mental!

LOL :-)
  • Options
    Will my seat be cheaper if I buy early, and will the games be at the Valley or nearby, say Woolwich Common, in true ryanair stylee
  • Options
    If Michael O'Leary takes over will he bring in David O'Leary as manager?
  • Options
    Eek can just imagine the post match announcement

FANFARE "Congratulations, your team has just thrown away another three points, Suprised, you shouldnt be, last year over 70% of matches featuring your team ended in this way, beating every other championship side to the worst record", "Charlton for the lowest league position and the worst points record"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]If Michael O'Leary takes over will he bring in David O'Leary as manager?

The mere thought sends shivers!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]If Michael O'Leary takes over will he bring in David O'Leary as manager?

The mere thought sends shivers!!!

I'd heard Steve Staunton.
  • Options
    At least we'd be able to sell lots of replica shirts to the Irish.

Just like we did in China, when ZZ signed.

:o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]1. Rumours persist that Charlton will be taken over and an announcement to that effect will be made on 23rd or 24th June.
    3. Ryanair has announced that it will shut its website down for ten hours on 24 June. (Apparantly for "maintenance", but would a holiday flight company really choose to do maintenance on their website - and thus prevent customers from checking in - in the middle of June?)

Is it possible that Mr O'Leary is behind PV's bid? And that an announcement is due on two websites (ryanair.com and cafc.co.uk) simultaneously?

i tell the if this is true then chizz you are the man
  • Options
    On the plus side - cost of a maytchday ticket only £1 !!!! *

* + £10 booking fee, £5 ground improvement fee, £3 seat maintainance tax, £4 security screening fee, £6 reservation agency tax, £8 player improvement surcharge, £7 air usage contingency tax, £6 customer proportional handling fee.....
  • Options
    now I know silly season has started.
  • Options
    Typical Ryanair.Late as usual!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]On the plus side - cost of a maytchday ticket only £1 !!!! *

* + £10 booking fee, £5 ground improvement fee, £3 seat maintainance tax, £4 security screening fee, £6 reservation agency tax, £8 player improvement surcharge, £7 air usage contingency tax, £6 customer proportional handling fee.....

Can I check in online .... ?
  • Options
    Great thread - clearly some of us need a holiday!

I agree with NLA, if you guess this right Chizz then you are a genius and should replace Sir Alan Shoutypants as 'business guru' or whatever the f. its called....
  • Options
    You lot are well behind on the gossip...this rumour's been around for ages. I hated the idea when I first heard it. Now I'm thinking it might be better than nothing, or less than nothing, which is what we have at the moment!
  • Options
    Having spent the weekend with Henry and hearing his telephone conversations with Mr Murray, Mr Chappell, Mr Varney and a 'third party', I can confirm that the takeover discussions were not with an Irish consortium.

I never knew Henry could speak Arabic so well though.

As-Salāmu `Alaykum!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Having spent the weekend with Henry and hearing his telephone conversations with Mr Murray, Mr Chappell, Mr Varney and a 'third party', I can confirm that the takeover discussions were not with an Irish consortium.

As-Salāmu `Alaykum!

the third party was me me and henners were talking in reverse

srenneh ew tnsaw
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]1. Rumours persist that Charlton will be taken over and an announcement to that effect will be made on 23rd or 24th June.

Gotta say that those are all as far as i can tell facts!

If true it is a sad day... unless he is willing to add a surcharge onto airline tickets to help support Charlton
  • Options
    Need more proof of the link up between Ryan Air and Charlton?
    Linky thing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Having spent the weekend with Henry and hearing his telephone conversations with Mr Murray, Mr Chappell, Mr Varney and a 'third party', I can confirm that the takeover discussions were not with an Irish consortium.

As-Salāmu `Alaykum!

srenneh ew tnsaw

He put his 'phone on divert when you rang - "God, not NLA again. He's a right stalker"
  • Options
    reggub ykeehc eht
  • Options
    This is true, the reason why the keys for the loos in the east stand were lost is because Michael wants to take them out and increase the number of seats in the stand.
  • Options
    Funniest thread ever.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

As-Salāmu `Alaykum!

srenneh ew tnsaw

He put his 'phone on divert when you rang - "God, not NLA again. He's a right stalker"

What happened to "what happens in France, stays in France"?

If you are going to leak stuff like this then I have to think again about your shoe fetish.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Having spent the weekend with Henry

Sod the Takeover, this is the story. LOl ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Centenary_Shirt[/cite]Funniest thread ever.

Agreed.

Beautiful. Thanks very much.