Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Oak...Could we do this?

edited June 2009 in Not Sports Related
Seems like some villagers have club together to buy their pub. Could we do this with the Oak?

Locals buy a pub

Comments

• Options
    What a great story...good luck to 'em.
  • Options
    I mentioned something similar in Reading on the original Oak thread - I don't see any reason why not (providing there's enough people with a spare grand kicking around).
  • Options
    Who wants to get this going? I'd be game
  • Options
    you only buying the lease. for 400k these people have bought the lot. you could pick it off the brewerey for 30k now i reckon.

i think the idea coudl be filled with problems too many chiefs etc.
  • Options
    Re take the Anti a lot easier and cheaper
  • Options
    I'd definitely think about chipping in if something got going. It feels like a tall order, but if Mersham can do it on a population of 1,000 (it's a village outside Ashford), then there's no reason why we couldn't.
  • Options
    Would be a good place for a Charlton Musuem
  • Options
    Obviously the KM story doesn't have the full details about how they're doing it (and I suspect has made a mistake when it says the maximum investment is £1,000 - minimum maybe?). Worth speaking to the Mersham people to see how they're avoiding the pitfalls.

The Anti's doing restaurant food now - same guy (Tom) who does the restaurant in Hardys Free House in Greenwich (and used to run the Escape cafe in west Greenwich in the 90s).
  • Options
    Appoint Parky as landlord - that'd keep him away from the ground on matchdays!
  • Options
    I'm interested especially if there's a trout stream running the garden of The Oak , And of course Mcs is the new Landlord.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd be the bomb Landlord dudes. Proper
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]I'm interested especially if there's a trout stream running the garden of The Oak , And of course Mcs is the new Landlord.

i think the previous landlord, ray used to have a golf net up in the garden.
  • Options
    Well i would, as landlord, be keeping that golf net up, as i could do with the practice!! And we could have our 4th CL golf society in the oak garden, closer to the 19th hole eh dudes!
  • Options
    i would chip in and only and i mean only if MCS is the guvnor
  • Options
    Cheers NLA, you da pimp
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]I'm interested especially if there's a trout stream running the garden of The Oak , And of course Mcs is the new Landlord.

i think the previous landlord, ray used to have a golf net up in the garden.

Yes he did.
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]I'd be the bomb Landlord dudes. Proper

Would there be a dress code and lock in's?

You could rename the pub " Oli oaks"
    ;)
  • Options
    Okay.
    Seriously.
    How many people would put up for this ?

Need any carpets...........?
  • Options
    Dependant on the dough talked about, but I could be good for a few hundred quid I'd have to look at the finances.
  • Options
    I'd definetly be in on this.

Could be persuaded to invest a fairly large sum.
  • Options
    a nominal amount could run in the hundreds but not much more
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know the pub in mersham and it is a lovely little village with a beautiful village pub and nowhere else to drink. Plus all of those who chipped in are regulars anyway and not just once a fortnight during the season regulars. Unless those chipping in are local and can bring family and friends into the pub it is unlikely to work. But good luck anyway if you do go ahead with it and my pre match drink is a given.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]a nominal amount could run in the hundreds but not much more

One or two? or eight or nine?
  • Options
    Would consider a grand or two, depending on the set-up.

Would need some convincing to put Olly in charge though ;-) ;-)
  • Options
    not sure would need to spk to the bank mgr mrs nla
  • Options
    Sorry, but haven't we've done this before on this site ?
    Thats why i asked.................
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Okay.
    Seriously.
    How many people would put up for this ?

Need any carpets...........?

Is this a serious idea...?
  • Options
    sure its been mentioned before

would like to see it but ..............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]sure its been mentioned before

I'd like to see Magners take it over....and us!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Would consider a grand or two, depending on the set-up.

Would need some convincing to put Olly in charge though ;-) ;-)

Maybe we could appoint Pardew as manager, Weegie ... ?

;o)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]sure its been mentioned before

would like to see it but ..............[/quote]

I'd like to see Magners take it over....and us!!![/quote]

Bulmers would be better
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]sure its been mentioned before

I'd like to see Magners take it over....and us!!!

Bulmers would be better

Aspalls would be even better cos then MCS would defo be landlord..................