Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Isle Of Wight Festival

edited June 2009 in Not Sports Related
I went to the Isle Of Wight Festival last weekend, did anyone else on here go and what did you think?
I had a great time and my highlights were The Noisettes (she is fantastic), Stereophonics and Bananarama (I know)!

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2009
    I didn't go but am off to the Calgary Folk Festival next month to see one of my all time heroes - Glen Campbell - oh yeah!

Like a Rhinestone cowboyyyyyyy

Glen
  • Options
    There was a marquee with tribute bands and I got a chance to see Whos Who (The Who), The Bog Rolling Stones and The Small Fakers (Small Faces) and was well impressed, got a bit nutty and fun was had!
  • Options
    Saw bits of IoW on the telly over the weekend. Quaite enjoyed it and Pixie Lott was an absolute treat!! :-)
  • Options
    Yeah that pixie lott is horny as foooook!! Raving stupid name tho!!
  • Options
    She can call herself what she likes mate...fit as!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Yeah that pixie lott is horny as foooook!! Raving stupid name tho!!

Now I'm going to have to google her to see how fit she is.
    You sure I won;t be disappointed .... ?
  • Options
    Edit:
    She's just a child, barely 18.

:o(
  • Options
    Too a brief look, seemed to be in a weird location, could have sworn there were some flats directly behind the main stage?
  • Options
    No mate, no flats.....middle of a load of fields, huge site just outside Newport. There is nothing higher than 3 storeys on The Island.
    Bit of a silly factoid here, people who are born and bred on The Island are called Caulkheads and folk that go to live there are called Overners
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]No mate, no flats.....middle of a load of fields, huge site just outside Newport. There is nothing higher than 3 storeys on The Island.
    Bit of a silly factoid here, people who are born and bred on The Island are called Caulkheads and folk that go to live there are called Overners

They were small flats, 2-3 storeys high.

That quote reminds me of Isle of Sheppey, people from Sittingbourne call them swampies. (or did when I went out with a girl there in the late 80's)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is housing very nearby. Apparently the owners get give four free tickets each to the festival to make up for the noise and disruption.
  • Options
    Not many people knoow this but in sarf london if you come from Bermondsey and you have a touch of wall about you , your generally known as a c--t.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]No mate, no flats.....middle of a load of fields, huge site just outside Newport. There is nothing higher than 3 storeys on The Island.

They were small flats, 2-3 storeys high.

That quote reminds me of Isle of Sheppey, people from Sittingbourne call them swampies. (or did when I went out with a girl there in the late 80's)

They are still called swampies by those just of the island. Know quite a few of them. (actauly married one but she lived me longer than on sheppy so I think I've made her an Englander by now)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]I went to the Isle Of Wight Festival last weekend, did anyone else on here go and what did you think?
    I had a great time and my highlights were The Noisettes (she is fantastic), Stereophonics and Bananarama (I know)!
    I saw the Stereophonics a couple of months ago at the Albert Hall - fantastic gig. The Noisettes were supporting - had never heard of them before, but was very impressed. Not usually my type of music at all...