Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Take - Sky 1 Last night

DA9DA9
edited June 2009 in Not Sports Related
Really enjoyed it last night, thought the guy who played Freddie was superb, and more to come..............discuss.

Comments

• I thought Jimmy was pretty good as well - maybe more so than Tom Hardy. Although at the start the Freddie guy impressed me - his toothy little grin started to grate on me a little bit.

Bit of a shame it is only four episodes as the times within the show seemed to jump about - his missus was one minute telling her sister she was preggers then the next minute had a huge bump on her belly!

All in all though - the 2 hours flew by and I really enjoyed it, especially all of the musical interludes etc.
  • Very good.Tom hardy good actor he recently played charlie bronson in the film of he's life.
  • Agreed...Nasty piece of work was Freddy and I thought that the way they moulded Terry from being the wannabee to the boss of the drugs side of the business was also good. Why is it that East End gangsters live in Council flats?
  • [cite]Posted By: albo1973[/cite]Very good.Tom hardy good actor he recently played charlie bronson in the film of he's life.

Didn't know that, his character reminded me a bit of the fella in Rise Of The Footsoldier (Craig Fairbrass), basically, losing it on booze and gear up his nose.
  • Great bit of drama, the good lady buys Martina Cole's books the day they come out, could never understand why, but now after watching that i may begin to read them myself. One of the chaps that works for me is very good friends with Tom Hardy as well as the guy who played Cas. We had a chat this morning about Tom Hardy and some of the stories he has told me he is one crazy guy in real life
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: albo1973[/cite]Very good.Tom hardy good actor he recently played charlie bronson in the film of he's life.[/quote]

Didn't know that, his character reminded me a bit of the fella in Rise Of The Footsoldier (Craig Fairbrass), basically, losing it on booze and gear up his nose.[/quote].Yeah he put on 3 stone for the part shaved he's head and grew the infamous tache,Good watch.
  • Alot of football herberts involved in the big "E" craze in the 80z, "security" at the raves where the stuff was sold etc.

Maybe the time lines where a bit short last night as is said above, but i thught it was very shallow stuff--------------the boy likes his doggy though dont he !
  • the rape scene gave me nightmares last night. horrible piece of work.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Great bit of drama, the good lady buys Martina Cole's books the day they come out, could never understand why, but now after watching that i may begin to read them myself. One of the chaps that works for me is very good friends with Tom Hardy as well as the guy who played Cas. We had a chat this morning about Tom Hardy and some of the stories he has told me he is one crazy guy in real life[/quote]

I have read most of Martina Coles books and they are extremely gritty and earthy, about East End, gangland. have not seen last night yet, but it can't be as graphic as the books, nor the language as colourful and as a sexist comment, I suppose, its hard to believe they are written by a woman.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]the rape scene gave me nightmares last night. horrible piece of work.

Was that in the last 10-15 minutes? missed that, fell asleep
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]the boy likes his doggy though dont he !

That line about fluffy towels will live with me forever.
  • yes it was at the end almost cos then you see next weeks episode and Jimmy's wife has a little boy... grim.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]yes it was at the end almost cos then you see next weeks episode and Jimmy's wife has a little boy... grim.

ah, got ya, so this lead on from him being drunk and her sleeping on the settee scene earlier, makes sense now, cheers B
  • Excellent griity drama. Will be watching next week.
  • kin hell another show i wanted to see but missed
  • [[quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]kin hell another show i wanted to see but missed[/quote] Being repeated on Friday buddy,
  • On sky 2 tonite (I think i saw) showing 2 episodes. (or maybe the same one twice)

Was it 2 hours last night or only 1 ?

(Only saw the first one)
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]On sky 2 tonite (I think i saw) showing 2 episodes. (or maybe the same one twice)

Was it 2 hours last night or only 1 ?

(Only saw the first one)

It was 2 episodes last night, but back to back 21:00 - 22:00 & 22:00 - 23:00
  • Watched 1 & 2 last night and also whilst flicking through found that if you have Sky HD they are showing Episode 3 early on Anytime TV, Will be watching that tonight as we are on holiday next week and then can watch Episdoe 4 when we are back.

:o)
  • ole freddie was good. Never seen him before .
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched episode last night thought they jump about way too much!! he was like 4 when they started having not been born when we finished. No build up of the empire we are left to asume they went big and freddie worked under jimmy unhappy for 4 years.

They show nearly half of whats happening on the next show on the highlights!!

Still some grim bits you can see coming from a mile off
  • Yea not happy with the "in next weeks episode ..."
  • [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Yea not happy with the "in next weeks episode ..."

Its longer than the adverts!!
  • Watched the 3rd episode last night.

What a distubing show it is!
  • Anyone else think Jimmy looks like Jimmy Bullard, or do I need to clean my specs
  • Surprised no one has said how shite this was lst night ....
  • Oh it was - was an god awful last episode.

They really should have spread it out 12-15 episodes and linked in all of the 10 years they covered in 4 episodes. From a promising first episode to a crap last one!
  • I've series linked all 4, is it worth watching then ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I've series linked all 4, is it worth watching then ?
    I think so. The acting is pretty good but the time issue really grated me.

I've never read the book (but will) so don't know how true it is to it.
  • I thought it started really well but faded as the episodes went on. Still well worth watching if you haven't seen it.