Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Occupation

Anyone else been watching this drama about Iraq?

Enjoying it even though it is quiet dark. Stephen Graham (This is England) is great again and I hear that he's going to play Al Capone in a Martin Scosese TV show but not sure about the James Nesbitt character.

Doesn't pull any punches about the war or the occupation afterwards including the behaviour of the militias.

Comments

• Options
    Watched the second part last night, pretty gutted I missed the first.

Very enjoyable and a good watch. All the characters are well casted I think, even Nesbitt
  • Options
    Yeah, good bit of TV. I love that tiny scouser and the big black (am I allowed to say that?) bloke in a partnership called "Little & Large", will they rescue Hibbs?
  • Options
    I watched the first one, it was OK, but didn't really get into it, which is a shame as normally like anything with James Nesbitt in it.
  • Options
    Really wanted to see this gutted missed it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Really wanted to see this gutted missed it
    BBC iPlayer
  • Options
    cant picture nesbitt as someone in army,fantasy stuff
  • Options
    enjoying it. No idea just how far-fetched it is, but its on the right side of darkness and i'm finding it fairly compelling.
  • Options
    there is nothing else on i guess
  • Options
    Powerful ending.

I missed the first five minutes. How did Ipsy (sp?) get away from the kidnappers?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Powerful ending.

I missed the first five minutes. How did Ipsy (sp?) get away from the kidnappers?

Yassin's son saw him get kidnapped and recognised the guys so got hold of the scouser who tracked him down and paid them off.

Enjoyed it; read a write up after the first episode and it said to stick at it and was glad we did so. And as you say Henner's powerful ending.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Powerful ending.

I missed the first five minutes. How did Ipsy (sp?) get away from the kidnappers?[/quote]

The little scouser paid someone to kidnap him back (i think)