Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southhampton Being taken over!

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
Headed up buy kevin Kegan acording to SSN!

Comments

• Options
    lol.

Give it 5 months and he'll walk out on them.
  • Options
    no way another team ha ha
  • Options
    I'll love it if he buys them, love it!
  • Options
    at leasaat they are doing something!

where's our knights in shining armour?
  • Options
    "where's our knights in shining armour?"

Buggered off back to their castles and pulled up the drawbridges
  • Options
    It's not happening. Brother works for Radio Solent
  • Options
    Yeah iv'e heard kevin Kegan is distanceing himself from the whole thing now as well,But i think letisser is still well involed.
  • Options
    Sometimes it's good to look at another club's situation in order to put your own club's plight in perspective.

Compared to Charlton, Southampton are in a real mess! Especially if their "saviours" are Kevin "I really just feel a little bit short of what's required" Keegan and Matt No-managerial-experience-whatsoever Le Tissier. Do either of these guys really have what it takes to lift Southampton from where they are now ... rooted at the foot of Division three, on minus ten points before a ball's been kicked?

Yes, we're in a terrible position right now. But at least we're not them!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: albo1973[/cite]Yeah iv'e heard kevin Kegan is distanceing himself from the whole thing now as well,But i think letisser is still well involed.

Or IMHO Soton are distancing themselves from Keegan ; - )
  • Options
    Your probably right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Sometimes it's good to look at another club's situation in order to put your own club's plight in perspective.

Compared to Charlton, Southampton are in a real mess! Especially if their "saviours" are Kevin "I really just feel a little bit short of what's required" Keegan and Matt No-managerial-experience-whatsoever Le Tissier. Do either of these guys really have what it takes to lift Southampton from where they are now ... rooted at the foot of Division three, on minus ten points before a ball's been kicked?

Yes, we're in a terrible position right now. But at least we're not them!

Do they have to have come out of administration by the start of the season in order to be allowed to play? If so, their situation could be even worse.
  • Options
    And the takeover at Pompey all seems to be going a bit Pete Tong.

Still, that doesn't make our situation any better.
  • Options
    That's true Henry, but it does give a bit of perspective on where we are. It's not a great position to be in, but it could be a hell of a lot worse.
  • Options
    I wonder if peversley we might have been taken over if we had gone into administration
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]That's true Henry, but it does give a bit of perspective on where we are. It's not a great position to be in, but it could be a hell of a lot worse.

Very true. Perspective is something that we all need.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I wonder if peversley we might have been taken over if we had gone into administration
    Possibly Razil, but I wouldn't want to be taking that kind of gamble. While there's been lots of papertalk about Southampton, they've not been taken over yet, and there's still a very real risk of them going bust.
  • Options
    agreed, could happen to us though next summer or sooner
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I wonder if peversley we might have been taken over if we had gone into administration

It's not going to happen because most of our debt is with the directors. Hardly in their interest to have an admin come in and try and wipe out a high proportion of the debt and find the best buyer to maintain the long term interests of the organisation. Essentially, they'd get less cash if an administrator was selling the club.

Before I get whispered about, that's not a negative comment, it's exactly what I'd do. It's why though a company is much better run off equity rather than loans.
  • Options
    I know all that, but nothing is ever certain, agree that it currently looks unlikely though
  • Options
    Sky now saying this deal is in real doubt, as is the future of the club. Shame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The scummers are bang in trouble!!

They could be relegated to 3 divisions down from the conference!!!!

Now now kids stop laughing................
  • Options
    Great news
  • Options
    yeah, let's all laugh at Southampton, hehehe. Jeez, listen to yourselves. Ok there have been a few run-in's over recent years, not very pleasant either, BUT that is a very small minority of Saints fans. And sometimes it takes two to tango, as at Maze Hill. If Saints go down the pan the 'Scummers' will walk away and just get involved in fights elsewhere, maybe even join another Club just to keep their arm in. The one's that suffer will be the decent, loyal Saints fans who deserve better.
  • Options
    They may deserve better but football is a dog eat dog world they are our rivals in league one and i wouldn't mind seeing them go down the pan
  • Options
    According to the Daily Echo a rival consortium says it has the cash in place to buy Saints should the Pinnacle bid fail.
    Businessman Marc Jackson,who is fronting the bid has also revealed he had lined up a current international manager to lead the team.
    Administrators have been in contact with the consortium in the past week to seek assurances that the bid still stood.
  • Options
    "When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out for me."

Taken out of context, but the words of Pastor Niemoller ring in my ears. How on earth can any football supporter want another club to disappear?
  • Options
    It sounded like the probelm is that the consortium do not accept the premise that the holds=ing company and the Football Club are a single entity and are only buying the Football Club, which they claim is not in administration and therefore should not be decducted 10 points. The wrangle is with the Football league. Interesting probelm for the Football League. Do they stick to their principles and possibly let a "Biggish" club go tot the wall or do they bend the rules and open themselves up to future similar arrangements by clubs to avoid points deductions.
  • Options
    Wouldnt even want clubs like millwall or palace to go down the pan as it is just another nail in the coffin.

In fact i would rather see a club like chelsea go down the swaney before any normal club although that would never happen as Gordon Brown would probably bail them out.

It kind of mirrors the economy in a way with the powers that be looking after the big clubs (who effectively have created the gulf and the spending beyond means phenomenom) whilst the little man falls by the wayside with little more than a 2 line obituary hidden in the back of the sports pages.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]"When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out for me."

Taken out of context, but the words of Pastor Niemoller ring in my ears. How on earth can any football supporter want another club to disappear?

slightly out of context indeed but know what you mean.

Would have gone for

Ask not for whom the bells tolls
    It tolls for thee

John Donne
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]It sounded like the probelm is that the consortium do not accept the premise that the holds=ing company and the Football Club are a single entity and are only buying the Football Club, which they claim is not in administration and therefore should not be decducted 10 points. The wrangle is with the Football league. Interesting probelm for the Football League. Do they stick to their principles and possibly let a "Biggish" club go tot the wall or do they bend the rules and open themselves up to future similar arrangements by clubs to avoid points deductions.

The FL were always going to play hard ball on the ten points deduction. The old saints board may have pulled a fast one with the holding co. trick but the FL now have Soton were they want them.

Accept the ruling or no transfer of the golden share (FL membership) to the new owners.