Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ebay Help aggro from a buyer

Sold a PS2 with loads of other stuff 20 odd games, eye toy, mic, guitar & Buzz contollers.

Woman emails me this morning after having it 2-3 weeks saying she gave it to her daughter for her birthday console keeps freezing on the games and the mic wires have cuts in them.
She is upset and wants to know what im going to do before she goes to Ebay.

Now i have replied saying while the auction was on its last couple of days i played the console and it was working fine.

As for the mics no way they have been used once and stuck in a corner ever since i had to wipe teh dust off them before taking the photo for the listing and i would have noticed cuts to the wires.

Do i get in touch with Ebay first say its all bull

or wait and see what they say ?

I hoep i dont have to pay her back as i have spent the money.

But there again why should i, i know for a FACT it was in good working order when it left my house.

Anyone had problems like this before?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, I had some problems years ago with electrical goods......I dont bother these days as it was just too much hassle...I'll buy and sell other things.....but not electrical
  • Options
    Could she have cut the wires when opening the box?
  • Options
    Sometimes complaints are no more than hot air or someone just trying to get something for nothing.

The key to this is your phrase, "She ... wants to know what im going to do". Simple answer? You're not going to do anything. She bought something in good working order. However, you might ask her what she wants you to do. You're assuming she wants her money back, but she may say "I want you to give me a tenner back". If I were you, I would explain to her that the goods were in fully working order, listed accurately and sold in good faith. I would then ask, very nicely, what it is she expects you to do. That may make her complaint disappear.

Seems to me you have acted in good faith. It's down to her to prove otherwise.
  • Options
    How's the rest of your feedback score? If all ok, you'll probably be able to explain it away to them (ebay). Check all of her feedback & see if she's got a history of doing things like this.

It's all a case of "buyer beware" - you're effectively buying from a boot fair...
  • Options
    Go round her flat with a sledgehammer and smash everything up except the PS2
  • Options
    Ebay feeback is pretty good if i do say so myself will check hers tonight as Ebay is banned at work

Maybe she should have checked the items on receipt of teh parcel instead of leaving 2-3 weeks?

Nice one Chizz will use all this info in my reply to her

As the first one was rejected by her server
  • Options
    I've had this happen to me twice. Both times i refunded the money back then resold the items again. Believe it or not I got lucky in both instants and sold the items for more than the first listings. So with fees I managed to break about even.
    You do get some strange people but it really a online boot fair and people dont just want a bargin, they would like it for free. I wonder if this where she is heading?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Go round her flat with a sledgehammer and smash everything up except the PS2
    Like it.

I hadn't bought or sold anything on there for about three years. Recently I wanted to get hold of one of those little bobblehead things (Dexter from the TV series) for my missus but Forbidden Planet had sold out and I couldn't get it on Amazon. Someone was selling one on FleaBay for about a tenner, so I bought it - it turned up broken at the neck and the arms. Stupid cow had put it in a regular envelope with no protection and shipped it second class. Took me three weeks of emailing to get the tenner back. Realised why I haven't used FleaBay for so long (it's shite)

You've got the money already, right? You sold it to her in perfect working order - without the defects she claimed, right? F*** her then - she;'s a lying, scrounging toad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Ebay feeback is pretty good if i do say so myself will check hers tonight as Ebay is banned at work

Maybe she should have checked the items on receipt of teh parcel instead of leaving 2-3 weeks?

As the first one was rejected by her server

Ebay banned a work! What do you do with your spare time?
  • Options
    Two words.

Caveat Emptor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tell her she is a pikey for buying her kids 2nd hand stuff for their birthday.

Kid has prob damaged it mate.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Ebay feeback is pretty good if i do say so myself will check hers tonight as Ebay is banned at work

As the first one was rejected by her server[/quote]

Ebay banned a work! What do you do with your spare time?[/quote]

Stay on life alllday
  • Options
    You could try going after the Courier/Post office for the money back, this worked for me once when we bought an MP3 player that wasn't working on arrival but the seller was adamant was working when he sold it.

It seems unlikely that the wires would get cut in transit, but I have to have equipment shipped around a lot as part of my job and, in my experience, Couriers can be a bit of a law unto themselves so I wouldn't rule it out.
  • Options
    If she paid by PayPal and she makes a complaint they will find in her favour, they always do and they take the money to refund her from your bank account...bastards, sellers have no protection. Best thing to do is close your e bay and PayPal accounts before she lodges a complaint as you won't be able to after! It means losing your good feedback but better than being fleeced by a scammer. This happens a lot especially with buyers from abroad and particularly with electrical goods. You can always open a new ebay account.
  • Options
    I read an article about how paypal would always find on sellers behalf. That may be reasonable advice, although there's an implication that you've sold her a pup, if you do that.
  • Options
    Rodex is your man - He and his Mrs. are seasoned Ebay'ers!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]If she paid by PayPal and she makes a complaint they will find in her favour, they always do and they take the money to refund her from your bank account...bastards, sellers have no protection. Best thing to do is close your e bay and PayPal accounts before she lodges a complaint as you won't be able to after! It means losing your good feedback but better than being fleeced by a scammer. This happens a lot especially with buyers from abroad and particularly with electrical goods. You can always open a new ebay account.

exactly what i was going to tell you the only option really
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]If she paid by PayPal and she makes a complaint they will find in her favour, they always do and they take the money to refund her from your bank account...bastards, sellers have no protection. Best thing to do is close your e bay and PayPal accounts before she lodges a complaint as you won't be able to after! It means losing your good feedback but better than being fleeced by a scammer. This happens a lot especially with buyers from abroad and particularly with electrical goods. You can always open a new ebay account.

100% right about Paypal DFT. I sold some goods last year and after 37 days from receipt of the goods the buyer bypassed e-bay and went straight to Paypal who ruled in his favour. I have spent the last year fighting them over it and now it's going to court. All for the sake of £90, but I know the goods were fine when they left me. It's all hassle, but a matter of principal as far as I'm concerned. Bastards!

I always add no returns after 7 days of receipt if I sell anything now!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I read an article about how paypal would always find on sellers behalf. That may be reasonable advice, although there's an implication that you've sold her a pup, if you do that.[/quote]

goods were in good order i used it before it went worked fin