Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

parky

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
when will the club sneak it in he is staying? maybe on a major sporting moment.

Comments

• Options
    he can't do any worse than last year ..... this is his big chance to prove that he is not the worst manager in our history
  • Options
    the fact that people except this man sums up our club,as long as theres a club shop and a programme the footballs secondry
  • Options
    Discuss .......

;o)
  • Options
    indeed discuss!
  • Options
    shut the club shop down or change the coach system and you would have mass protest........hatefull in fact
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]he can't do any worse than last year ..... this is his big chance to prove that he is not the worst manager in our history

erm he could lose more games, and er get relegated from league 1 which is worse than last year, right?
  • Options
    there is that chance razil.....
  • Options
    they may not even mention he is staying put,this man was at the helm from november,and here he stays what a reward.
  • Options
    Maybe in a previous life, he was captain of The Titanic ......?
  • Options
    If the club decide not bothering to make any kind of announcement regarding PP and he just rolls on into the job for next season then it will be a PR disaster a on biblical scale imho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm convinced he is toast as Manager. May remain as Asst so as not to have to pay off the remaining year on his contract, or promote Damian Matthew and have Parky minding the ressies/youth.
  • Options
    I repeat that I like Parky and I look forward to him taking the club forward next season, I think he will do well for us.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]If the club decide not bothering to make any kind of announcement regarding PP and he just rolls on into the job for next season then it will be a PR disaster a on biblical scale imho.[/quote]

Im a fan of the term 'biblical scale' is it really that they did things bigger in those days or just a wagon wheels argument?
  • Options
    There will probably be an announcement about Parky, in small print, on the OS if we lose the Ashes series (good day to bury bad news etc).

I just dread the thought of the takeover thing fizzling out in the next few weeks, and the inevitable statement "Its the wrong time to change things now".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]If the club decide not bothering to make any kind of announcement regarding PP and he just rolls on into the job for next season then it will be a PR disaster a on biblical scale imho.

Im a fan of the term 'biblical scale' is it really that they did things bigger in those days or just a wagon wheels argument?

In Charltons case I think the waggon wheels have fallen off !
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite] and have Parky minding the ressies/youth.[/quote]

Safest bet is give him the reserves to look after. He can't get them relegated this year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]If the club decide not bothering to make any kind of announcement regarding PP and he just rolls on into the job for next season then it will be a PR disaster a on biblical scale imho.

In Charltons case I think the waggon wheels have fallen off !

Ah, Wagon Wheels, anyone remember them ........ or am I off topic ?

;o)
  • Options
    Ah, Topics, anyone remember them .... send me a wispa if you do
  • Options
    If Parky is there as manager next year i wnt boo, but think ill throw stewards at the dug out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Ah, Topics, anyone remember them .... send me a wispa if you do

I can see this thread turning into a marathon one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    should take this offline, send me a texan' we'll carry on by phone
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I repeat that I like Parky and I look forward to him taking the club forward next season, I think he will do well for us.

i think he could do ok for us next year. But we still need to clarify what is going on. All the time that people are thinking he might not be here next season they're not going to be getting behind him and the players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I repeat that I like Parky and I look forward to him taking the club forward next season, I think he will do well for us.

i think he could do ok for us next year. But we still need to clarify what is going on. All the time that people are thinking he might not be here next season they're not going to be getting behind him and the players.

he remains and I'll be getting behind the players but not him. He doesn't deserve the job.
  • Options
    if parky reperforms his legendary antics at colchester and gets us promoted, id be delighted. we could then return him to hull. if he continues inthe same legendary
    (in a bad way) from last season, the jimmy seed stand wont be big enough to host awsy fans and boo boys. actually it should be more than adequate.
    i really hope parky cuts it and if not, put him and us out of our collective miseries.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]shut the club shop down or change the coach system and you would have mass protest........hatefull in fact

Or get rid of the women's team!!
  • Options
    get rid of the pot holes------------ useless, do nothing, cost us money. Yes i know its a generlisation but im from the dark side --------pot holes out now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]when will the club sneak it in he is staying? maybe on a major sporting moment.

Perhaps at the same time that Andy Murray is lifting the Wimbledon trophy (although, for the record, I think he is more likely to win a US Open or an Australian Open).

IF there is a takeover, or some sort of infusion of cash from investors, than Parky will be on his bicycle. I don't see him coming back, unless the finances remain very short.

I hold no animosity toward Parky (unlike Dowie and Pardont), but it is a farce that he still holds the position, no matter how tenuous his grasp might be.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]when will the club sneak it in he is staying?

I am fairly sure he and Kins will swap roles oh dear!