Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

any scoootish addicks out here?

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
as in based in scotland? if so, where abouts?

I'll be moving to glasgow next year to study, and in order to (slightly) reduce the likeyhood of a glasgow kiss will probably try and catch a few partick thistle games. thankfully they didn't go up this year so i won't be watching another relegation battle.

Comments

• Options
    You want to whisper Weegie. She lives in Glasgow
  • Options
    Partick Thistle?

You want to get along to Ibrox and watch the Queens Eleven.
  • Options
    You'll get a much warmer welcome at Ibrox where English folk are made to feel at home and are there in large numbers, Partick Thistle are more your "Tartan Army" types and I would be very careful. I lived in Ayr (about 30 miles from Glasgow) until recently and didn't have any trouble at all but if you are based in Glasgow keep away from Celtic pubs, you WILL get problems in them. If you are living in Partick then you will be OK, the vast majority of the pubs are Rangers. I found the vast majority of people absolutely great but you do get arseholes everywhere. Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Yeah, Rangers fans are lovely!

Whatever fella, go to Partick and enjoy, hey, you can even drink with those English loving celtic fans if you like, good luck with that.
  • Options
    I can see a submarine getting to ready to attack.
  • Options
    Hope it happens soon before it becomes really abusive!
  • Options
    I have been to Ibrox and found the most friendly fans I have met, both on the ground and the pubs. If you drink around Partick you will meet some around there anyway as it is just over the river.
  • Options
    there is always one to lower the tone and cause a perfectly good thread to be eventually sunk

There are some prats around i tell ya
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    another day, same sh*t
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite][url=[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/foyle_and_west/8067742.stm[/url]]Yeah, Rangers fans are lovely![/url][/quote]

What has that got to do with living in Glasgow?

If you want to go down that road Mr Red_in_SE8 then how about the lovely Celtic fans

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/low/dates/stories/march/20/newsid_2544000/2544121.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/24/newsid_2523000/2523345.stm
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]another day, same sh*t[/quote]

We were trying to help and answer a question, Mr Red_in_SE8 has a different motive
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It is the endless expressions of support for Rangers, and the frequent snidey anti irish comments posted by those supporters, that lowers the tone on this site!

This is a Charlton Athletic forum FFS!

Thought I should edit this post. It was written in response to the comment about lowering the tone. However, I had to deal with a phone call as I was writing it. Meanwhile D_F_T posted some news stories about IRA Terrorist attacks. I do not consider people posting stuff about IRA attacks as anti Irish. And I would like to state that those news stories are not the anti Irish comments I was referring to.
  • Options
    but poor olster only asked a simple question.
  • Options
    aye.

oh well, thanks for the help to start off with.
  • Options
    I thought I read someone on here was a Partick fan.

PS Partick don't play in Partick DFT, kind of like Milwall, but with less twunts.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]but poor olster only asked a simple question.[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]but poor olster only asked a simple question.[/quote]

And Red ruined it

Prat i say
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]It is the endless expressions of support for Rangers, and the frequent snidey anti irish comments posted by those supporters, that lowers the tone on this site!

This is a Charlton Athletic forum FFS!

Thought I should edit this post. It was written in response to the comment about lowering the tone. However, I had to deal with a phone call as I was writing it. Meanwhile D_F_T posted some news stories about IRA Terrorist attacks. I do not consider people posting stuff about IRA attacks as anti Irish. And I would like to state that those news stories are not the anti Irish comments I was referring to.
    The chance of getting any sense out of anyone who's on one side or the other of the divide, is zero. I've got friends in Glasgow and you just have to get off the subject. Both teams and their fans are just mired in biterness and will never get over it. I suspect it is the realisation that they are not big clubs in a European or even British sense and they have little to look forward to other than kicking the shit out of the other lot, then accusing them of being thugs and terrorists.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]but poor olster only asked a simple question.
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]but poor olster only asked a simple question.

And Red ruined it

Prat i say

you are a bit of pratt tho arent you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]but poor olster only asked a simple question.[/quote]

And Red ruined it

Prat i say[/quote]

you are a bit of pratt tho arent you?[/quote]

Pot kettle come to mind

I love the love here

AFKA Close this one i feel more abuse coming