Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I was wrong!

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
For weeks now, and on several different threads, I have been saying we do not currently have a manager and that Parkinson was appointed only to the end of the season. Because a lot of people were saying otherwise I thought I would look up the original announcement on the OS and post it here. Well, I have done that now and to my shock it clearly states that he is the new permanent manager. There is no mention of only being manager until the end of the season. I was absolutely convinced he was only given the job until the end of the season.

For some reason I can't post the link properly but use address below to read the full announcement.

http://www.charlton-athletic.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=33522&newstype=n

Comments

• Options
    Appointed as Manager.

Contracted as an Assistant Manager.

HTH
  • Options
    Richard Murray has revealed that Charlton will be looking to bring as many as four new players into the club in January.

He said: "After discussing the situation yesterday, the overwhelming feeling was that Phil was the best man to lead us and rescue us from our current plight.

"With 20 matches remaining this season, we were aware that time was an issue, particularly with the January transfer window opening on Thursday.

"Phil knows the players, knows the strengths and weaknesses of the side, and has huge Football League experience. Perhaps most importantly, he is a strong character, and knows how to battle against adversity."
  • Options
    i did tell you.

he is here until at least next June

get used to it
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    lol ... all hogwash aint it talk is cheap the facts are we performed worse than any other team and we're awful and have been a shambles since alan curbishley departed this club
  • Options
    Seems they just never announced it because it would only mean the club receive criticism and less fans renew their season tickets. They can then say they haven't done anything wrong.