Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Psychoville

DA9DA9
edited June 2009 in Not Sports Related
Discuss

Very dark, loved it.

The clown Mr Jelly being my favourite, the cash in hand joke had me screaming.

"Mum, I did a bad murder"

Comments

• Options
    "Someone has written 'F##k Pig' on the wall in excrement- maybe their own, maybe someone else's!"

Quite unsettling at times and I suppose it'll always struggle to get away from the shadow of the League of Gentlemen, but bits of it were very good. Mr Jelly made me laugh out loud as well!

Will definitely watch next weeks episode
  • Options
    I have it Sky Plussed, been looking forward to it for ages actually.
  • Options
    Thought it was good, was always going to be hard to follow up League of Gentlemen. Dawn French was good as the nutty antenatal nurse but the mum and son made me feel a bit sick!
  • Options
    The League of Gentlemen was frankly awesome, this was always going to have a lot to live up to and in parts it does, at times though I felt it was a bit scattered although I am sure it will all make sense at some point, bit like the last series of The League of Gentlemen where all the stories interconnected at the end. Shearsmith and Pemberton are great as ever, superb writers and performers.
  • Options
    When I saw this on the schedule my heart skipped a beat - I read a great book a few years back called Psychoville by Christoper Fowler. Sadly, this isn't an adaptation of that - but still looking forward to it anyway. My mate said it was fantastic. I'm a big LOG fan too, so am going to wait for all of it to be aired then download the whole lot and watch it in one go.
  • Options
    missed the first five minutes as I was out last night, if it is on iplayer I will take a look. not sure it will be my cup of tea as I never really got into league of gentleman, but I will see.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I read a great book a few years back called Psychoville by Christoper Fowler./quote]

Great book, as are all of his books to be honest.
  • Options
    This has got better as it has gone along.

Wasn't expecting too much to be honest but have really enjoyed it.

The chase between Jolly & Jelly was a particular hi-light of episode 3, as was mummy & son trying to pass themselves off as beauty therapists and deciding to do six murders so they could be officially classified as serial killers.
  • Options
    Missed last week's - too busy getting drunk with other Lifers!! Gonna have to catch up on iplayer if it's on there.
  • Options
    Got 3 episodes on Sky+,
    Is that the whole series, if so I'll watch it tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just three episodes on bbc i-player,bloody great stuff :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Got 3 episodes on Sky+,
    Is that the whole series, if so I'll watch it tonight.

No. There are 7 episodes in total.
  • Options

2nd series started last night.

Just as dark as the Halloween special from last year.

The new characters look promising, especially the librarian "not now silent singer.....NOT NOW".