Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Time travel

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
Just suppose ..........

It is August 8th. It's 2.55pm.

There has been no take-over. Parkinson is still manager. We have lost a large number of last season's squad and have replaced them with a few journeymen/has-beens/never-will-bes (oh yes ....... and the odd loanee or two). We have completed a 'mixed' pre-season and have been downgraded by the bookies from 'third favourites or thereabouts' to 'mid-table' at best.

Where will you be?

How will you feel?

Now rewind the clock. It's June 19th.

Time for some action?

Comments

• Options
    I'll be at the Valley

I'll be happy a new season is starting.
  • Options
    1.) North Upper
    2.) Drunk

Time for action? From us? Nope. From the board in terms of some communication? Yes.
  • Options
    in france and a bit pissed off. it's far too early for the season to be starting for my liking.
  • Options
    i'll be at the valley
    just thinking hope all you c***s who didn't appreciate curbs or think it was exciting enough for you are happy now but i've been thinking that since the day he left;-(
  • Options
    As always I'll be at the Valley. We've been here before we've just fallen from a greater height this time. Up the Addicks !
  • Options
    Bit confused, what do you mean by action Dave ?
  • Options
    F*** it Dave.Any chance of sending the Delorean back to the boxing day we stuffed Chelsea?
  • Options
    I'll be at the Valley, not decided yet whether I will be drunk or not?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Bit confused, what do you mean by action Dave ?

I mean nothing AFKA. That's a call for others to make.

I'm simply describing the scenario that probably occurs if nothing changes, and gauging how we feel about that collectively.

Any action can take a variety of forms - increased season ticket renewal is the simplest and most obvious one, but others may have more radical ideas.
  • Options
    North Stand. Lower. Sitting on the edge of my seat. Feeling very thankful that the close-season is over, the talking has stopped and the football's about to begin.

Clutching my season ticket, my programme and, most importantly a betting slip with "CHARLTON TO WIN PROMOTION" written next to a large sterling amount.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Making my way up to my seat with Chorus of VFR ringing my ears, about to watch my only team to stage for a new season.
    I will then follow this with PP Red n White Army which all around will jump on the bandwagon and join in, soon it will be 13,000 hardcore Charlton fans having a right old knees up for the 1st game of the season cant wait!!
  • Options
    Heading through the East Stand turnstiles, silently cursing the bright sparks at TFL and Network Rail for buggering up my journey to the game with engineering works yet again, then getting the familiar tingle of anticipation as the crowd noise gets louder while I head up to my seat, in preparation for another rollercoaster ride of a season.

I'm not expecting a takeover or a new manager, and I didn't renew in anticipation of either. This is where we are, and we just have to make the best of it.