Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Sodje - One for the conspiracy theorists

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/News/ChampionshipNewsDetail/0,,10794~1695280,00.html

Lazy journo OR pre-signing yet to be announced

Cock up or conspiracy

You must decide

"A charity football match will take place at Hillsborough next month for the Sodje Sports Foundation.

Six sport stars named Sodje , including three Football League players, two non-league footballers and a former rugby league star, will take part in a Friends of Africa v Sheffield Allstars game on Friday, July 26.

Proceeds will go to the Sodje Sports Foundation Boots For Africa appeal and Sheffield Children's Hospital.

The Foundation is a charity based in the UK and Africa, which helps provide stimulating learning and sporting activities to children, as well as building health awareness, self esteem and leadership skills.

Sheffield Wednesday's Akpo Sodje will be joined by four of his brothers - Sam (Charlton Athletic), Efe (Bury) and Steve (Ashford Town) and retired rugby league player Bright - plus his nephew Onome (York City)."

Comments

• Options
    well Onome has just left York City and signed for Barnsley so I am plumping for lazy journalism.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]well Onome has just left York City and signed for Barnsley so I am plumping for lazy journalism.

That's not actually gone through, there are a lot of issues with it. Saying he is a York player isn't actually wrong. He might not even be able to play in the UK next season.

From what I've heard it's a very strange signing by Barnsley, he's got a bad attitude and if anything has gone backwards during his time with York.

Anyway, as for Sam Sodje, he'd be ideal in League One. Nothing more than back up at Championship level, but that's not an issue at the moment. He's out of contract, so they might know something, but I'd guess it's just a mistake.
  • Options
    great link work there Henners
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]great link work there Henners

Yeah, you luddite.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]great link work there Henners

Yeah, you luddite.

Philistine
  • Options
    Is that near Israel ?
  • Options
    Aparently York City have sorted issues with his Visa/residency and offered him a 2 year contract. Having got his papers sorted Onome is off to Barnsley on a free.