Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Survey about you and CAFC

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
Talk about you and your club!

The University of Central Lancashire is conducting research into football clubs, and more importantly, football supporters. The questionnaire below (see link) gives you the chance to talk about your relationship to your club, and how important your club is to you.

http://www.ittsurveys.org/Danny/Web.asp

The survey is itself short and will let us know what is important to you as a football fan.

Thanks in advance to all who decide to complete the questionnaire.

Regards
Danny Nuttall
University of Central Lancashire

Comments

• Options
    Done.
    Quite entertaining...........
  • Options
    I've just done it too ..... bringing the name of Charlton Athletic into the heart of Northern heathens.
  • Options
    I've done it.

Didn't sign up for a further interview though.
  • Options
    Done.

Is the badge important to anyone? It's ok as it is, shouldn't be changed, but I don't think it's got much to do with the nation, region or city. Not something fans particularly think about either.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Done.

Is the badge important to anyone? It's ok as it is, shouldn't be changed, but I don't think it's got much to do with the nation, region or city. Not something fans particularly think about either.

Well that's what the survey will find out.
  • Options

Is this more a survey swayed towards arsenal/chelsea/spurs and untied who have chnaged their badges in the last few years?

I wrote a sumular type comment, and why would anyone have much opinion on their badge its not why you choose a team to support but you do grow an affinity to the badge because its owned by the club
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]

Is this more a survey swayed towards arsenal/chelsea/spurs and untied who have chnaged their badges in the last few years?

I wrote a sumular type comment, and why would anyone have much opinion on their badge its not why you choose a team to support but you do grow an affinity to the badge because its owned by the club

I wrote that the sword symbolised our struggle against those who would remove us from our spiritual home, The Valley, and patronise us as "plucky little Charlton."

No idea about the town/ Region questions though. Perhaps "one team" cities and towns have a different attitude. Not really applicable to a multi teamed place like London in my opinion.
  • Options
    replace Valiants with Addicks and we are sorted.

Much better design IMHO
  • Options
    or the Zebeel Version
  • Options
    or could go back to the first ever club badge
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just told the survey the story about my 6ft by 3ft St.George flag with no writing,just the sword & hand in the middle.
    Had it made up for the South Africa "Barmy Army" tour in 1994: Everyone recognised it as a CAFC flag.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    I wrote that the sword symbolised our struggle against those who would remove us from our spiritual home, The Valley, and patronise us as "plucky little Charlton."

I also wrote about that

Infact all my answers were very long winded!!
  • Options
    or make this the badge
  • Options
    I do think that the badge is important, but then that maybe because I am in marketing and see it as our branding and history. I would hate to see some agency brought in and change it to some bland media logo, as happened to Fulham.

I did think the question about the badge reflecting the local area ( can't remember the exact words) was interesting considering the amount of local knife crime we have, but decided to say no.
  • Options
    not sure about this one
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]replace Valiants with Addicks and we are sorted.

Much better design IMHO[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_477042 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]Charlton Badge 60s.JPG[/div][/ul][/div]

Have taken the 'Stongly disagree' on this one.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    These are far better

CAFC-AF2002-Crest3.gifCAFC-AF2002-Crest2.gifCAFC-AF2002-Crest1.gif
  • Options
    so much less violent and more family friendly IMHO

there should be a poll in the programme so we can vote on which one we want.
  • Options
    Nice Scoham, the Robin should be adopted for the Junior Reds.

Our version of Fulhams bland badge http://www.footballcrests.com/CAFC-AF2002-Crest1.gif
  • Options
    Club may adopt this badge, hopefully for one season only, according to my sources.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    while instead of a shirt sponsor we'll have
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]so much less violent and more family friendly IMHO

Bit late now, maybe the start of next April would be the perfect time to do it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]so much less violent and more family friendly IMHO

Bit late now, maybe the start of next April would be the perfect time to do it.

Ideal. Shame the Club can never come up we've sorts of ideas.
  • Options
    done
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]or could go back to the first ever club badge[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_477044][ul][div]CAF CLUB.jpg[/div][/ul][/div][/quote]

The ace of clubs is a good idea but you can only fit CAF in it unfortunately because I like the concept of that badge
  • Options
    It is a bit obsessed with the badge this survey. I hope the sword does not represent the region.

I added quite a lot of info about the importance of the stadium to Charlton fans, and also suggested that family and friends play a role in club identity - certainly more than mascots!
  • Options
    The badge is hugely important as demonstrated by the overwhelming success of our own Charlton Life badge ;0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]The badge is hugely important as demonstrated by the overwhelming success of our own Charlton Life badge ;0)

You got yours aswell SHG ?
    Nice aren't they ?