Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks let six players go

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
According to Sky Sports Website: Todorov, Weaver, Ambrose,Harry Arter, Aswad Thomas and Rashid Yussuff

And talks are still taking place with: Holland, Zhi, Fortune and Randolph

Sad times

Comments

• Options
    Not exactly surprising though, is it?
  • Options
    Club announced a while ago
  • Options
    To be fair weaver is no great loss as far as im concerned. Todorov is no real loss because unfortunately due to injury we have never really benefitted from his talent so wont really miss him and ambrose can do no right in a lot of fans eyes and perhaps a move will let him fulfil his potential...plus that's 3 non- division 3 salaries off the wage bills.

As for the others if they were good enough they would be staying as more likely to get a chance at this level than over the past few seasons so doubt they are currently cutting the mustard or surely theyd be staying.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yussuf is the one who might come back and haunt us. Ambrose has talent but lacks consistency and is an enigma as we all know. A fresh start is probably best for all parties.

The others unfit, too expensive wagewise or not up to it.

Regarding the ones we are talking to I'd like to keep Fortune and Zhi but in reality I can't see us keeping Zhi.
  • Options
    Last season, Weaver's lack of form was a major reason why we ended up in the brown stuff.

Mentally not a very strong player when its backs to the wall.

Could also apply that to 95% of the senior pros in the squad. . . .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AlexAnder[/cite]According to Sky Sports Website: Todorov, Weaver, Ambrose,Harry Arter, Aswad Thomas and Rashid Yussuff

And talks are still taking place with: Holland, Zhi, Fortune and Randolph

Sad times

Alex, has Sky News only just come up with this info...we have know about this for sometime now.....at least three or four weeks if I'm not mistaken.
    "Fire one"...."Tube one clear sir"..."Fire two"....."Tube two clear sir"...."Torpedoes 1 & 2 clear and running"
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Soundas...Be easy on the boy. He only registered a couple of hours so he's probably not up to speed with regards to what goes on.

BTW...A big welcome to Alex
  • Options
    Dive, Dive, Dive
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Call David Dickinson, Arthur Negus, this one has mothballs on it,.... how collectable is it? Welcome aboard!
  • Options
    I am also a bit disappointed that we are letting Rashid Yussuff go, but then again, I don't see him in training every day, so they would know better than me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Arter and Yussuff are both at least a couple of seasons off playing regular League Two football I'd say.

At the moment we can't afford to keep them in the hope that they might be good players.

If things go well for them I think they'll work their way back up like Barry Fuller. Charlie MacDonald eventually got back into the Football League, but he spent quiet a long time in the Conference, could go either way.

Decent players but not ones that are definitely going to make it in League One or above.
  • Options
    Wgere is Macdonald now, orient??
  • Options
    Brentford unless he's since moved? Went to Southend then Brentford and helped take them up.
  • Options
    Yes, their leading scorer.
  • Options
    I did only know of this as of this morning. I have started supporting Charlton FC since August 07 and so have had a bit of a curse on them if you like :(.

But hey we all need to stick together as our club needs us know more than ever

Keep the Slim Faith

Alex
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AlexAnder[/cite]Keep the Slim Faith

Alex[/quote]

Too late ... keep the fat faith too!
  • Options
    :)