Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Owen "sales brochure"

2»

Comments

• Options
    Still no takers! Poor Mikey.

Anyone else see him do the pathetic sales pitch for the luxuary apartments in Dubai on Panorama? Where the construction workers were living in shi* conditions (literally) and being exploited right, left and centre. He got a free apartment for doing voice over. Fortunately, due to the recession, it is now worth bugger all.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]Perhaps he should have thought about that before he buggered off to Spain.[/quote]

What was wrong with him signing for Real Madrid? He thought he had a good chance of playing regularly for them, don't see what's wrong with that either.[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I think he was sold to Madrid rather than him actually wanting to leave Liverpool.[/quote]

Took the words out of my mouth! To be honest wether he has been greedy,disloyal or just a realist, I am surprised that any Charlton supporter should expect any degree of loaylty in this game. Look at the players we have had Herman out the door before the season was over, as was Mills before him and managers Pardew trosered 31m for destroying the club and it works both ways as soon as players are no loner deemed useful off they are shippede Kinsella to Villa and Kiely to Pompey (when we were bigger than them).

Of course players pocket the money and further their own ambitions,its the culture they are in. There is not asingle player in our squad who would not do the same as Owen if they felt the need and that includes the Elliots and Shelveys
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Pardew trosered 31m for destroying the club
    That sir, is madness. He would only have been paid up to the end of his contract.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Pardew trosered 31m for destroying the club[/quote]
    That sir, is madness. He would only have been paid up to the end of his contract.[/quote]

ha ha,I won't hide my embarrasmenet by editing but it should have been £1 million. Mind you it feels like £31 milland he trousered.
  • Options
    From Today's Sunday Peps

"But Owen will still be entitled to another month's wages from Newcastle while he searches for a new club. And with Owen picking up a staggering £108,000 a week, it's not news Newcastle or their beleaguered fans want to hear.

By the time he leaves, Owen will have cost Newcastle £45m over four years - for a return of 30 goals"
  • Options
    Wanted by Man Utd :-O
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Wanted by Man Utd :-O[/quote]

As kit man?
  • Options
    Having a medical at Manure today by all accounts.

Fergie has done it with Larsson, Sheringham etc, why not Owen?

If we can get a fit and goalscoring Owen ready for 2010 World Cup it will be exactly what England needs to possibly lift that trophy.
  • Options
    Owen To Manure. Please let it be true. Match made in heaven!

Hope he soaks them for loads. Probably somekind of tax loss though to help with off setting their debt.

Little Mikey must be rubbing his hands. Win win with another chance to take a few bob (sorry million) from Rooney at cards.
  • Options
    WSS : I'd put this more on a par with Fergie's signing of Ralph Milne!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]WSS : I'd put this more on a par with Fergie's signing of Ralph Milne!

Could be a very cute signing by Ferguson IMHO. The money is not an issue for Man United and its well worth a gamble because if he fires for them - and its probably 40/60 against it happening - then they have picked up a top goalscorer for bugger all and probably pretty cheap wages.

What do Man United have to lose on the deal? Even if they pay him 3-4 million in wages then that's peanuts to them and well worth the risk. They can afford to take this kind of risk but very few others can.

What's more, I bet Owen busts a nut playing for them and really knuckles down because he'll be grateful for the chance and playing with top, top players again rather than the likes of Peter Lovenkrands and the other shite at the Barcodes.
  • Options
    Have to agree with Ormiston here, at Newcastle he was clearly disinterested, but at Man Utd with all those players around him, he can't fail to get himself motivated. The only question mark of course is whether he can stay fit.
  • Options
    Smart move by Fergie. Owen can't last a full season but at United he doesn't have to. He can be rested or even just used in lesser games to rest Rooney etc.

Still a good enough player for the prem and in a very good team will score goals in the same way as Larson did.
  • Options
    What Ormiston, Chris and Henry said
  • Options
    Sorry but IMHO Owen is a no more than greedy (extremely fortunate) little chancer, well past his best and only interested in money. Very happy to see him take it from the Mancs though.
  • Options
    Top signing imo.
  • Options
    good signing and a decent bloke. I can't understand why he gets so much criticism and why he gets so much blame for the newcastle mess. he's hardly their first disappointing signing and he's been really unlucky with injuries. seriously, with all the people in the PL to have a go at, michael owen seems a strange choice.
  • Options
    Got to agree with you Claus.
  • Options
    With you on this Chaz, who was the other person named on the Panorama documentary? Jamie Oliver?
  • Options
    I'm sure everyone at Newcastle will go along with that "decent bloke" tag! Capello obviously thinks he is past it (even playing with the best England has to offer) and Shearer didn't even give him a starting role.

Sure there are plenty of PL mercenaries around but not many trousered so much as Owen for so little. Of course the injuries and poor team mates stuff will be bleated out but that wears a bit thin after a while.

Still as I said earlier happy to see the Mancs wasting their cash and being so desparate!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Robbo : Jamie Oliver and Sam Torrance had something to do with the golf complex. But Owen's pathetc voice over for the promotional video was something else. Oliver at least reacted quickly to distance himself. Not so "decent bloke" Mikey!