Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's good enough?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ANYTHING less than playoffs would be a huge failure.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]I am assuming that avoiding relegation will be the limit of what Parkinson could achieve. So to wriggle a little.....avoid relegation with Parkinson in charge, mid-table obscurity with a Goat in charge, and top places with a half-way decent manager in charge.[/quote]

lol, so if we finish say 12th then you'll be applauding parkinson for his super-human effort in relation to his own ability?[/quote]

Nah, I'd be thinking if only we'd appointed the goat we could've done even better.
  • Options
    lol to the sethster
  • Options
    *bump*
  • Options
    Interesting thread looking back. Plenty would have taken a play-off semi-final defeat on penalties, but the way the season has gone no one can help being at least a bit disappointed.

Like last year, I think we may well get to June/July not knowing what is realistic to expect. Won't know who we've managed to keep until September and if last year is anything to go by we won't have all our signings done in pre-season.

At least there won't be questions over Parky's future and probably a lot less takeover talk.
  • Options
    Read the whole thing not noticing the dates thinking some of the "We've GOT to stop the rot now" and "I'd like to leave the Valley without dreading the next game" comments were slightly harsh! What about next season everyone? I'm expecting a top ten finish, with a good chance of reaching the play-offs again. No matter who goes, I think Parky has proven himself to be shrewd in the transfer market over the last season (although I agree with many that losing Semedo in particular would be a big loss).
  • Options
    Id be happy with mid table....

we need to slowly get rid of anyone earning more than 15 pounds an hour and get a league one budget together, with our attendances we will be competitive ish...

and then over time the stability and the squad will gell with mainly massive youth and massive experience and we might get lucky, we were unlucky this yr, and next yr I can feel consolidation...

Its such a shame and Im pretty depressed and nervous about the financials, just dont want to get relegated again, but cant see us mounting a decent challenge... we werent good enough for the championship anyway, we would have got smashed around up there, i think we will be in league one for a few yrs for sure, and when our confidence comes back then we will feel its the right time for us to go up... this season was still plastering over cracks for me...

Parkinson got the fear out of the boys early in the season ans had us playing like a proper unit towards the back end of the season, he MUST stay, and you never know, he had the team purring at one point early in the season and one more win would have got us up..

Tough times...
  • Options
    sorry, gotta be play offs again at least, this division is alot weaker next season.
  • Options
    I think we can afford to be a little weaker in mdfield next season but stronger in finishing up front, not sure how we can afford that, maybe the Inter / valencia / Liverpool deal will do it. Most defences in this league are pants, whereas ours for most of the season kept us in the hunt, despite a disastrous scoring rate. getting someone in who can hit the back of the net and we'll get at least play off, stick with our current goalscoring ability between 15th and 7th
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Interesting thread looking back. Plenty would have taken a play-off semi-final defeat on penalties, but the way the season has gone no one can help being at least a bit disappointed.

Like last year, I think we may well get to June/July not knowing what is realistic to expect. Won't know who we've managed to keep until September and if last year is anything to go by we won't have all our signings done in pre-season.

At least there won't be questions over Parky's future and probably a lot less takeover talk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok, remind me not to ask Scoham for the lottery numbers then...
  • Options
    On Parky I was comparing to the summer before. This summer we all knew Parky was staying. The year before we were waiting to hear about his future, some assumed he would soon be sacked, but we never heard anything.
  • Options
    theres no inbetween we go up were happy we stay down its complete failure however it happens,im starting to look at brightons results more as we seem like were on a run now at last,still fancy southampton for title
  • Options
    I thought it was quite funny that, two views, which seemed perfectly sensible and reasonable a few months ago, now looked outrageously optimistic!