Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Covered End to be shut!!!

WSSWSS
edited June 2009 in General Charlton
Only East, West Lower and South stands to be open:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=34361&newstype=t

Comments

• Options
    "And home fans hungry for a different pre-season experience can take advantage of a special hospitality package in the Millennium Suite.
    For just £25 supporters can tuck into a cold-fork buffet and take advantage of a pay bar before watching all the action unfold from the lower west stand."

Am i the only one who thinks that's a complete rip off?
  • Options
    £15 for a buffet does seem a bit much really - especially without a drink thrown in.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]"And home fans hungry for a different pre-season experience can take advantage of a special hospitality package in the Millennium Suite.
    For just £25 supporters can tuck into a cold-fork buffet and take advantage of a pay bar before watching all the action unfold from the lower west stand."

No. That's ridiculous. £25 for a cold-fork buffet and a friendly match?

The club really have to do better than that if they want anyone to take up the hospitality package. It's a rubbish offer.
  • Options
    I especially liked the bit where it says the fans can 'take advantage of a pay bar'. That's nice of the club to allow us to buy a drink!
  • Options
    3,000 if they are lucky.
  • Options
    I remember we played in 1983 pre-season and there was barely 2,000 in the ground so look how far we've come!
  • Options
    i'm not going. rather spend the money on an away game in the league.
  • Options
    The only chance of there being home fans in the Jimmy Seed End this season!

How about that for some positive spin?
  • Options
    Agree £25 sounds a bit steep....but let's face it the overheads on the day will be quite extortianate guys and gals....stewarding etc etc....and catering on that scale aint cheap....I think from the £25 deal, the club will be lucky to walk away with a tenner in profit....if that!
  • Options
    this really is exciting to be playing one of the bigger better teams in the higher leagues, it is such an honour for us, we are lucky that plucky little charlton have managed to draw such a big fixture to the valley , we should all be grateful... exciting times ahead
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    brilliant adam .... says it all !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]this really is exciting to be playing one of the bigger better teams in the higher leagues, it is such an honour for us, we are lucky that plucky little charlton have managed to draw such a big fixture to the valley , we should all be grateful... exciting times ahead

Oh please don't morts...please don't remind us....I 'honestly' have a knotted feeling in my stomach when I think about how far we've fallen! When you sit back and 'really' think about it one just cannot take it all in....it's as though I'm in denial....can this really have happened....how ....why????
    So many different things happened to us all added together made one almighty fook up.
    For me it all started with the sale of Parker....that was the moment when as a club we were at the cross roads....we of course took the wrong turning and went backwards from that moment (as an oldie who'd seen it all before when you sell you're star player I knew we'd fooked up)...no if's or but's................ IT'S A FACT!!!
    Selling the Crown Jewelles sent out all the 'wrong' messages about who and what we were as a club....it went further than just the selling of a player....that basicly was a wrong wrong move image wise and signalled our lack of intent....we should have gone out and in fact splashed the cash a little and took the club forward a step or two instead of caving in to him, which resulted in a HUGE leap in the wrong direction.
    For me one of the most defining moments in the clubs history and NOT a good one.
  • Options
    Couldn't even get a Prem side, god what a shit state we are in!!
  • Options
    wtf is a cold fork buffy?
  • Options
    how about doing a * as much as you could eat chinese * ............id go to that..........and some deals on drink.........it time they run it like a business.......the and drink a captive crowd but they just try to fleece folk rather than getting us to buy more.............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]wtf is a cold fork buffy?

I'm gonna take my own fork which I'll put under my arm pit for half hour or so to warm it up.....that'll get 'em confused.
  • Options
    Should make it 'Drink all you can for £20"

At least it'd numb the pain.
  • Options
    What a poxy friendly, I can't see there being any more than 4,000.....Ipswich Town, for fuck sake!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]"And home fans hungry for a different pre-season experience can take advantage of a special hospitality package in the Millennium Suite.

Nope, complete rip off, way over the top, my wedding buffet next year is around £8 per person, and I guarantee they are making a profit from it, and I love the way its stated you can are taking advantage of a pay bar, not at their prices, Lib or Cons for 70-80p a pint less for me. (If I go) They tried to charge us £75 quid for a box of Budweiser in one of the exec boxes against Norwich, so we want to pints in rounds instead.
    I appreciate they have to make money, but £75 for a box of Budweiser, thats taking the piss.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    crap overall

Only going if i get freebies from the blokes over the park

Send the kids over there

If not stay at home
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]What a poxy friendly, I can't see there being any more than 4,000.....Ipswich Town, for fuck sake!

but the big pull is surely to watch a team assembled by the mighty roy keane - by the time july 28th comes round, he will have bought three or four overpriced players by then!!!!