Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ahmed Al Muhammadi

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
Is it true we have been linked with him?

Comments

• Options
    No idea - Who is he?
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Al-Muhammadi
  • Options
    It seems he's dubbed the Beckham of the middle east and Blackburn took a look at him....so naff all chance of him coming to us...Next!
  • Options

Thats the kiddie :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]It seems he's dubbed the Beckham of the middle east and Blackburn took a look at him....so naff all chance of him coming to us...Next!
    That's what I thought. So it couldn't have been him sitting next to Paul Ince in the big car I saw pulling out of Sparrow's Lane this morning.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]It seems he's dubbed the Beckham of the middle east and Blackburn took a look at him....so naff all chance of him coming to us...Next!
    That's what I thought. So itcouldn'thave been him sitting next to Paul Ince in the big car I saw pulling out of Sparrow's Lane this morning.

Yeah right...Pull the other one. It's got bells on.
  • Options
    Blackburn are after him, he's an international, he won't be playing in League One!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Blackburn are after him, he's an international, he won't be playing in League One!
    Who was the Blackburn manager that wanted him?
  • Options
    Bit of a random name to pull out of thin air. Maybe it's something to do with our new owners?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Blackburn are after him, he's an international, he won't be playing in League One!

Was Ince but now Allardyce is after him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fair point but as Ince isnt coming either it's a dead duck....but i only live round the corner from the training ground i might have a little look see next week when they come in for pre-season training.
  • Options
    "Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is ready to swoop for Ahmed Al-Mohammadi - the Egyptian David Beckham - in a £1.5million move.

He sent a senior official to start talks with the right winger's club ENPPI yesterday.

Al-Mohammadi went to Blackburn on trial in the summer but Paul Ince held back from signing him as David Bentley's replacement."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]"Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is ready to swoop for Ahmed Al-Mohammadi - the Egyptian David Beckham - in a £1.5million move.

He sent a senior official to start talks with the right winger's club ENPPI yesterday.

Al-Mohammadi went to Blackburn on trial in the summer but Paul Ince held back from signing him as David Bentley's replacement."

Maybe i won't bother with the training ground :)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]"Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is ready to swoop for Ahmed Al-Mohammadi - the Egyptian David Beckham - in a £1.5million move.

The report is dated 24 Jan 09 - so are they still after him?
  • Options
    Also on the BBC transfer rumours page today it says

"1105 BST - Egyptian side ENNPI Cairo claim Blackburn are interested in signing winger Ahmed Al Muhammadi, who had a spell on trial at Ewood Park last season under former manager Paul Ince. (Press Association)"

Face it, he won't be coming to Charlton. Personally i think Chizz has completely made this up just to get a link in about Ince being our new manager.
  • Options
    Any player who is dubbed
    "The <Insert place name> <insert English footballer's name>" is always rubbish. Mark Burchill/Marion Parhars the Scottish/Latvian Michael Owens for example
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Any player who is dubbed
    "The <Insert place name> <insert English footballer's name>" is always rubbish. Mark Burchill/Marion Parhars the Scottish/Latvian Michael Owens for example

Karim Bagheri the Iranian Zidane/Beckham.

What about 'the new (players name)' comparisons? "Shelvey the new Steven Gerrard."

Then there's the other type, Basey's style compared to Gareth Barry and Josh Wright to Michael Carrick.
  • Options
    PP the new Christian Gross
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Any player who is dubbed

Karim Bagheri the Iranian Zidane/Beckham.

What about 'the new (players name)' comparisons? "Shelvey the new Steven Gerrard."

Then there's the other type, Basey's style compared to Gareth Barry and Josh Wright to Michael Carrick.

I stand by my Basey / Barry comparison and hope he gets a run