Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

beach in Sussex?

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
camping in Sussex this weekend - if the weather is good we will probably head for the beach for the afternoon.

any recommendations for somewhere between Brighton and Eastbourne - sandy if poss!

Comments

• Options
    there are times when the BBC forecasts are uselessly pessimisitic - I was swimming in hot sunshine in Devon on BH Monday when the beeb said it would pour down all day.

Saturday will be the same, I can 100% guarantee that if there is any rain it will have cleared before my hangover does.

Anyone been to Peacehaven beach (not sandy I know, but at least it is flat I think.

Or maybe Barcombe Mills - not even by the sea, but supposed to be good swimming?
  • Options
    Pevensey bay is usually ok once the tide is out - top half is rather stoney but once past the groynes (oh ah missus) there is plenty of sand
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Pevensey bay is usually ok once the tide is out - top half is rather stoney but once past the groynes (oh ah missus) there is plenty of sand

you need to look at a map !!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
  • Options
    thanks all

tide's full in about 3pm on Saturday
  • Options
    West Wittering. Lovely big sandy beach (especially when the tide's out). Just east of Portsmouth.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Saltdean beach used to be lovely and sandy - Saltdean is a few miles west of Peacehaven heading back towards Brighton - not sure if it still is as they built new breakwaters which changed the tidal flow around.

Actually a quick look on google maps shows it still is!!

sandy as you want!
  • Options
    Looks a bit stoney to me when you zoom in – and what's that big white turtle thing that's crawled out of the sea on the 2nd right section of beach?
  • Options
    well I have just returned from a day at camber sands, been to greatstone after very helpfull advice on there. Lovely beach, gets a bit crowded around lunch time but not too bad. went to a nice pub at dungeness for dinner, the britania, CRACKIN steak pie!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have just got back from Sandbanks.

If anyone has a birthday during the summer, treat yourself to a night tat The Sandbanks Hotel.

You step out of the terrace bar ontop a fantastic beach.

It's no Joss Bay but hey. . . .