Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any Pigeon Fanciers Out There?

edited June 2009 in Not Sports Related
A pigeon just crash landed in the front garden. It looks a cut above your average bird and has a green ring on one and a yellow one on the other. Does this make it a racer? It might be just knackered after a long haul flight but we have a number of clay pigeon shoots out this way at weekends and someone might have tried knocking of the real thing and 'winged' it. It won't let me close enough for a look for any damage. Have they got a club or association I should contact do you think? At the moment it's just sitting on the grass.

Comments

• had one land in my garden cple years back. Had to put it in the green hse as the foxes would have had it for dinner. Phoned the number on its leg ring but it died a few hours later.
  • Our cat caught a wood pigeon a few years ago. We called the RSPCA who turned up within an hour to pick it up.
  • Thanks chaps, it's taking on food and water now and perking up. I think it was just tired after a long flight. Daughter now informs me he's taken off and is heading north, probably back to pigeon and whippet racing country.
  • edited June 2009
    pigeon blog

Great blog

"Shit, Bri. I’ve got cramp.” LOL
  • Terrific. So even pigeons avoid Croydon!
  • only in a pie
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]pigeon blog

Great blog

"Shit, Bri. I’ve got cramp.” LOL

Brilliant.