Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Charlton Home/Away Shirts!

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
Any news on the new home/away shirts for next season yet, colour of away shirt, when they might be on sale etc?

Comments

• nope
  • Steve Waggott stated at the December supporters meeting in Bromley that the shirts would remain the same, but potentially with a different sponsor.
    The shirts are supposed to last for two seasons. They were new last year. There is one year left on the deal with Joma to be the kit supplier. So if there were new shirts this year, there could be new shirts next year, and after last season, that would be three straight years of changing kits. That would not be very supporter friendly.
  • edited June 2009
    But why would they put them on sale at the end of the season clearing the stock? Cabrini could stay as our sponsor so its obvious a new kit is coming right? Even thou last year they announced the new kit on the 6th of June so they may be keeping it hmm :/ ? Could some one email the club and ask so everyone knows the outcome?
  • I think the view on cabrini was that they would be unlikely to renew, so a new sponsor would be put on the existing design. Next seasons away shirt is changing I think.
  • Sod the kit - least of our worries at the moment.
  • New home and away kits have been confirmed
  • when will we see them ? any dates??
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: markofkent[/cite]when will we see them ? any dates??[/quote]

If the past is anything to go by then late Sept to mid Oct in shop,lets face it, apart from not knowing who will own us next season, we are unlikely to have the same sponsors, if any.
  • [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]New home and away kits have been confirmed

I can only go with what Steve Waggott categorically stated in December, that the kits would stay the same even though the sponsor may change.
    So I'll continue to believe his words. He is the Chief Executive, after all, and he would know about these things.
  • It was stated on the official site last week in the article about the shop in bexleyheath closing
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]It was stated on the official site last week in the article about the shop in bexleyheath closing[/quote]

What was??
  • http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=34348&newstype=n

However, the shop, which has proved popular with fans wishing to purchase match tickets without travelling to The Valley, may still re-open for special events, such as the launch of Charlton's new home and away kits later this summer.
  • I think there will be new shirts for this season. Firstly, why would the club have had such cut down prices on them last season? Secondly, I don't think the fans or the club want to play in the same kit that we went down in. And thirdly, it will bring in a lot more revenue that the club is so desparately seeking.
  • edited June 2009
    They have confirmed there will be new kits.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]They have confirmed there will be new kits.

So was Steve Waggott talking porkie pies in December?
    He was very clear about no new shirt.

So what happened to that Supporters' manifesto where kits would all last for two seasons?
    Changing kit every season is squeezing your own supporters, especially parents. Of course, no one has to buy it. But try telling little Johnny or little Janey that they have to wear last year's shirts when their friends have the new ones.
    Or old John and old Jane, for that matter.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]They have confirmed there will be new kits.[/quote]

So was Steve Waggott talking porkie pies in December?

You seem suprised he is capable of telling porkies,
  • No he wasnt telling porkies, that was the state of affairs at that time, things change and the FF reported back in April that their would indeed be new home and away shirts....hopefully with a new sponsor on board!
  • Is there a bottom price which the club will not go under or is it literally they will just take whatever the highest offer is, even if it’s a pittance ?
  • I think they have to be reasonably selective on who they brand with...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]I think they have to be reasonably selective on who they brand with...[/quote]The words beggers and choosers spring to mind, and lets face it there are hardly alot of companies out there at this moment with this sort advertising in their budget, i would be suprised that we would start the season with a new sponsor, and if so i cannot see it being a national brand/comapny, all advertising has been reduced, the arse has fallen out of it this year and will remain to do so for the next year to 18 months
  • Sponsored links:

• No arguement there mate.... I just dont think they will go with just anyone personally
  • Glimpse of new Charlton home shirt on the OS:

New home shirt linky
  • Reminds me of the Mesh kit
  • So any whispers on a new sponsor yet? Or is it a deliberate ploy to tempt us to buy kits new now, and then buy another shirt with the sponsor on it later?