Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

5 Rules of..............

Religion.

Inadvance I shall apologies if I'm upsetting anyone with this,but, on the way to the cricket today myself & Mrs.MOG started talking about why a Kent cricketer doesn't have the "Spitfire" beer logo on his shirt. We agreed that its probably down to religious reasons.
She is (meant to be)a Hindu, I was christened a Catholic.
Hindu's don't:
1). Eat meat
2). Drink alcohol
3). Have sex outside marriage
4). Smoke
and she couldn't remember 5.

Catholics don't wear condoms.
& thats all I can remember.

I'm not having a pop at anyone, or any religion, but would genuinely like to know how any religion could be summed up in 5 sentences.
For once I'm being serious.

Thank You.

Comments

• Which cricketer are you referring to?

I presume Azhar Mahmood who is Islamic and Muslims of course don't drink alcohol (well not officially). The SA cricket team are sponsored by Castle Lager, Hashim Amla wears a shirt without their logo on.
  • I think Hindus do eat meat, just not beef, although some sects are vegetarian.
  • Surely Catholics have loads of rules. I can think of 10 commandments straight away! ;)
  • Hope those refusing to wear the sponsors logo get paid less...

Sorry but all religion is about power and control using fear as a weapon.
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Hope those refusing to wear the sponsors logo get paid less...

Sorry but all religion is about power and control using fear as a weapon.

Agree entirely.
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Sorry but all religion is about power and control using fear as a weapon.

fear is the path to the dark side. fear leads to anger. anger leads to hate. hate leads to suffering - jedi
  • As a catholic you never be able to eat meat on a Friday, but it seems to be OK now. Good old Jesus, relaxing the rules so his flock can enjoy a steak dinner!
  • Always had fish on fridays even if it was from the chippy that dad picked up after getting of the train, I'm a catholic havnt been to church for ages I want to belive there is somone up there looking after us but after losing my job and other things going on I really have questioned my faith, still waiting for sign.... come on god.... are you there? Cue the toffee crisp wrapper failing from above.. he he.
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]As a catholic you never be able to eat meat on a Friday, but it seems to be OK now. Good old Jesus, relaxing the rules so his flock can enjoy a steak dinner!
    Except in Lent apparently.
  • Christ know's what all the rules are regarding religion?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]Christ know's what all the rules are regarding religion?
    I've always found most religions make their own interpertation of rules from a bigger list. It's a kind of 'Pick and Mix' :)
  • Some say that their devotion to their football club is like a religion.
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Some say that their devotion to their football club is like a religion.

Does CAFC allow sex before marriage though?
  • [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Some say that their devotion to their football club is like a religion.

Does CAFC allow sex before marriage though?
    does CAFC allow sex before a game?
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I think Hindus do eat meat, just not beef, although some sects are vegetarian.

Goud Saraswat Brahmins and Kashmiri Pandits consume meat and fish.
  • Polynesian women are banned from eating bananas.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Polynesian women are banned from eating bananas.

Quite right too
  • most marriage bans sex after CAFC

:)