Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Manager Required

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kins being out of contract doesnt mean he isnt negotiating a new one does it? Until i hear officially otherwise then i dont see the point in the FF asking the question. Just make them look daft imo.
  • Options
    You know, if you both raised your points without the sarcasm and childish stuff, it really would help....
  • Options
    "...and it was suggested that, if some fans wanted him to go, by renewing it would give the club money to possibly change things"

This represents a record of the statement supplied by the Club in regard to the Fans' Forum asking the question about Phil Parkinson's position. It is nothing to do with the Fans' Forum thinking ......... how could it be?

Frankly I was amazed at the time that the Club was prepared to make such a statement public but, in the interest of reporting accurately what was said, we were delighted to be able to provide that insight. It tells you very clearly, I think, that money is the major factor in whether Phil Parkinson is replaced and, with little or no available cash, the Club has limited options. Hence, the current situation prevails until circumstances change. No change of circumstance, no change of Manager.

Not sure if that counts as an excuse, BFR. Are you there on 9th July?
  • Options
    Are there any spaces left for the 9th? Sorry been away so genuinely don't know. Ta x
  • Options
    It is nothing to do with the Fans' Forum thinking ......... how could it be?

By not questioning the unreal illogic contained in the statement and indeed in repeating it here then I take it that the FF have accepted it and therefore it is both de facto FF and board policy. I'm surprised too that the club made such a naive statement, but I'm equally shocked that no-one on the FF didn't point out the inherent fallacy contained within it. Who knows maybe it sailed over your heads?

Not sure if that counts as an excuse, BFR. Are you there on 9th July?

Sadly no, my services are required elsewhere, and they pay better.

My last word on t'subject as I'm off home...

It was widely reported on here by some with much better links to the inner workings of the club that both Parky and Kins vacated their offices at the Training Ground at the end of the season. Maybe it's normal for managers and coaches at the end of the season to do that, but it was widely interpreted that this spelt the end of their tenure. Given that speculation, the rumours and the inevitable chinese whisper effect (we've had dozens of threads on here, plus the fan's section on the OS) so I suggest that this is a very real concern to the fans. It looks to me like they are being reactive and not proactive and that in any kind of company, especially a football club is not where they should be, especially after the last three seasons of utter medocrity and failure.

I'm begiining to wonder if the baord haven't lost it - they sacked Pardew after a dismal run and then contemplated their navals for the next few weeks before announcing a stategic review that confirmed that Parky was staying on as manager. Most clubs who ditch their manager mid-season generally have a replacement lined up who moves seamlessly in. Think Blackburn sacking Ince or Forest getting shot of Calderwood. Replacements were lined up straight away. We failed to learn from the Dowie scenario or usual football club/business practice and dithered with fatal consequences. Again i can't believe that RM and DC would act this way with their businesses. Why isn't the FF asking them what is going on and offering some practical solutions?

Organisationally they appear to be in no-mans land - neither backing nor condemning Parky and instead appear to be covering their tracks as they go along with frankly daft statements, again I wonder what kind of respect they hold in the FF if they make statements like Waggott's? It suggests to me that they want to keep you at arm's length if not treat you with contempt. We have just had three very poor seasons on the bounce and can ill afford a fourth, further we need to hit the ground running come August and for that the club need to start leading from the front. If you do nothing else perhaps you could urge them to be a bit more bullish on the PR front. Two relegations in three seasons plus evident boardroom disunity suggests that we are there for the taking, when we should be going out with a hard arsed approach to this league from day one. Why the club is being silent and issuing nonsensical communiques third hand via the FF and not directly makes no sense to me, it also makes no sense to me that the FF appear to falling down on their job in accepting and repeating these soft answers. After all if we can't get the organisational and managerial structure off the pitch right then we prepare to fail on it and that I'm sure is unpalatable to all.
  • Options
    BFR - I really do think you're being harsh on the FF & maybe guilty of believing too many rumours. Just my opinion of course. Oh & anyone from the FF answer my query re the 9th? Ta x
  • Options
    steady KBLS u will be on his cyber stalker list.
  • Options
    Whose BFR or Daves? Lol. Anyone want to try & stalk me deserves all that comes with it! LLLBH :-D
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]BFR - I really do think you're being harsh on the FF & maybe guilty of believing too many rumours. Just my opinion of course. Oh & anyone from the FF answer my query re the 9th? Ta x

We've seen lots of rumours contradict each other - e.g. Uncle says Jonjo is staying, while AFKA and one or two others have heard that he's going...so I take all rumours with a pinch of salt.

Personally though I'm quite ready to believe those that said he was on his way out. After all a manager who presided over a relegation and at times managed the most dispirited and disunited Charlton team that I've seen in ages (possibly ever) with something like a mere four wins to his name and capitulation after capitulation should fear for his job. After last season I'm disappointed that he's still here and disappointed that the FF have accepted the reasons for the boards actions and do not want to send an e-mail to RM and DC clarifying his current status, given the rumours and the task that they have been entrusted with which is to keep communication links open between the fans and club that is in my opinion remiss on their part.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]BFR - I really do think you're being harsh on the FF & maybe guilty of believing too many rumours. Just my opinion of course. Oh & anyone from the FF answer my query re the 9th? Ta x

We've seen lots of rumours contradict each other - e.g. Uncle says Jonjo is staying, while AFKA and one or two others have heard that he's going...so I take all rumours with a pinch of salt.

Personally though I'm quite ready to believe those that said he was on his way out. After all a manager who presided over a relegation and at times managed the most dispirited and disunited Charlton team that I've seen in ages (possibly ever) with something like a mere four wins to his name and capitulation after capitulation should fear for his job. After last season I'm disappointed that he's still here and disappointed that the FF have accepted the reasons for the boards actions and do not want to send an e-mail to RM and DC clarifying his current status, given the rumours and the task that they have been entrusted with which is to keep communication links open between the fans and club that is in my opinion remiss on their part.

Whilst I empathise with your frustration as any fan would I think you are being a bit harsh on the fans' forum.

I believe I'm correct in saying (Dave Rudd or Tel not in oz can confirm) that the terms of reference for the fans' forum as originally drawn up do not technically include football matters.

If I am correct in that supposition then in fact the fans' forum deserves credit for what they HAVE done on the football side of things, especially arranging the meeting for 9 July when hopefully the questions that are exercising us all will be aired.

The truth of the matter though is that the Board, in the persons of RM and Dc, will tell us just as much or as little as they wish and there is sweet fanny adams a fans forum, fans director or anyone else can do about that other than vote with their feet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's all this about a fans forum? I thought we elected a supporters director!
  • Options
    Good to see my simple plea for a Charlton fan has raised so much debate.

Fans forum's have been run very successfully at Watford following a few recent grumbles since our relegation from the Prem....although I haven't trawled through to see whether this is the problem but there's certainley no harm in them. Clubs should be all for them I'd have thought!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted by: KBslittlesis[/cite]Are there any spaces left for the 9th? Sorry been away so genuinely don't know. Ta x

Yes, spaces still available, so just e-mail the Club to request your tickets.

The Fans' Forum is also on the case in terms of ensuring that applicants get an e-mail response as soon as possible now. Please be patient as the adminstration of the Q&A is a bit out of our hands but, broadly, if you have applied (and you are a season-ticket holder), assume that you will shortly be getting confirmation that you have tickets.
  • Options
    Cheers Dave, i shall email as soon as i get to work. Very happy about this as i thought i would miss out whilst i was out of Blighty. Am amazed there are tickets left though, what with all the comments that have been made on here. Still, the anonimity of being behind a keyboard with a made up name eh?!?!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Still the anonimity of being behind a keyboard with a made up name eh?!?![/quote]

Good point I have never understood why people dont use their real names on forums.
  • Options
    Some people do.

My real name is Roger (but without the initial R)
    Oggy for short.

;o)
  • Options
    Sorry about that ..... brought up on a diet of Monty Python, so I can't help it.

;o)
  • Options
    And my real name isn't really Roger.

;o)
  • Options
    But I am bored

;o)
  • Options
    I use my real name. Mr B Addick to you.....:o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Like everybody else I am extremely frustrated with the (lack of) news eminating from the club.

Am I surprised? No not really.

It has been clear to me for sometime (not based on any inside knowledge), that the board have been in state of paralysis. My guess is that its based around differing financial strengths of the major shareholders.

I believe that the decision to appoint Parky after his "trial" period can only be read in that light: namely that as assistant manager, by default, he became the one and only candidate that could be appointed to take on the managers role as they could not agree on a way forward that may have involved an alternative candidate. (I said this some time ago on another thread).

There was no new/additional investor on the horizon so they gave him the nod, didn't change his contract, but gave him the job until the end of the season. Whether it was to continue beyond would be based on results and finances/takeover.

That is exactly where we are now. His contract runs to 2010. I believe its just an assistant managers contract with an option for him to "act up" at a manager level. The deafening silence relates to the fact that they have not yet committed to extend that "act up" managers remit because they don't want to do anything until they know whether a new board will be formed which will want it's own manager. The default position (as it was after Pardew left) is that Parky stays in the job as "manager", until 2010.

It has to be this way because it makes no logical sense to be any other.

So the club remains in a bind which cannot be resolved until new investors come aboard or the end of Parkys contract in 2010 whichever comes first.
  • Options
    they seemed pretty able to function when it came to stripping out assets - the training ground etc
  • Options
    Still need a Charlton manager on this game! Just to sheet, do a few transfers if you want etc?!