Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Llera Signs

Comments

• Options
    From what I've been told Semedo is in no way light weight quite the opposite even!
  • Options
    hmmm well put him next to Eddie Youds then, perhaps a better word is not very 'imposing'.
  • Options
    Semedo is a brick sh&thouse, maybe not a tall one but he is by far the most "ripped" player in the squad. The guy is huge.
  • Options
    Maybe, I have been told he is a TANK i always did think he looked a bit like a transformer!
  • Options
    sounds ok for this level especially alongside forrune.

How far off is Mambo? Still too yong for a regular spot perhaps but as one of 7 on the bench maybe. Also Clark.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Maybe, I have been told he is a TANK i always did think he looked a bit like a transformer!

Bench lifts heavier wieghts than anyone else at the club as we found out during our raid on sparrows lane. Where are the pics btw?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Dons fans on 606 verdict:
    He had some good moments, and made some howling errors also. You always felt that another error was just around the corner. Hoofs the ball upfield a lot rather than passing it forward, giving away posession in the process, although he improved his accuracy a lot towards the end of the season.''

''good and bad points, great distribution, but prone to the odd error...''

''good solid pro that wears his heart on his sleeve, decent in the air at both ends and good distribution although his positioning and lack of pace sometimes leaves him exposed''

it's nice to know that we have signed a player who hoofs the ball up the field too much and gives away possession but also has great distribution...
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Dons fans on 606 verdict:

''Llera would've been 2nd choice defender or sub once our first choice CB returns from injury.

He had some good moments, and made some howling errors also. You always felt that another error was just around the corner. Hoofs the ball upfield a lot rather than passing it forward, giving away posession in the process, although he improved his accuracy a lot towards the end of the season.''

''good and bad points, great distribution, but prone to the odd error...''

''good solid pro that wears his heart on his sleeve, decent in the air at both ends and good distribution although his positioning and lack of pace sometimes leaves him exposed''

Does anyone else feel almost every centre back from mid table Championship down to League One gets criticized for a lack of pace andor positional sense? Not many at this level are going to be spot on with their positioning and reading of the game every time, neither are many going to have bags of pace. If they had both they'd be at a higher level.

He's not going to be good in every area, but 34 starts for the 3rd best team in League One last season suggests he's at least a decent player. Have just looked and they conceded the least goals in League One, after Leicester.
  • Options
    Does anyone else feel almost every centre back from mid table Championship down to League One gets criticized for a'lack of pace and/or positional sense? Not many at this level are going to be spot on with their positioning and reading of the game every time, neither are many going to have bags of pace. If they had both they'd be at a higher level.

He's not going to be good in every area, but 34 starts for the 3rd best team in League One last season suggests he's at least a decent player. Have just looked and they conceded the least goals in League One, after Leicester.

Agreed Sco. There is a reason why they play at this level. More Les Berry than Richard Rufus.
  • Options
    Presumably John Terry doesn't feel like stepping down a couple of levels?

In which case we have signed a player who is competent at this level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So the mecury said no signings until takeover complete or falls through. Does this mean its fallen through or that its complete or neither
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]its fallen throug

Don't most players contracts run out tomorrow?

Llera was a free so I don't think him signing would have had any effect on whether a takeover was going through or not
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]its fallen throug

Don't most players contracts run out tomorrow?

Llera was a free so I don't think him signing would have had any effect on whether a takeover was going through or not

Well it must impact on the wages balance sheet !
  • Options
    Surely whether there's a takeover or not, we'd be looking to sign players like Llera? Free transfers, among the better players in League One?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]So the mecury said no signings until takeover complete or falls through. Does this mean its fallen through or that its complete or neither

I make you right, its a clear sign things have moved on in my view.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]So the mecury said no signings until takeover complete or falls through. Does this mean its fallen through or that its complete or neither

I make you right, its a clear sign things have moved on in my view.

I'm not saying there is definitely a takeover, but I disagree that this is a sign that things have 'moved on'. Signing a player on a bosman doesn't point to a lack of funding, nor does it point to there being no possibility of imminent funding. Even if we had more money, why pay when we can get someone capable for free? Plus even with more money I'm not convinced we could attract many Championship defenders to drop down.
  • Options
    someone has to shape the squad and choose the players, which means we now have a manager in all a but name, who is doing that job.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]someone has to shape the squad and choose the players, which means we now have a manager in all a but name, who is doing that job.

Parkinson has never stopped being our manager since December.
  • Options
    are you really suggesting his position has not been put in doubt my top level club officials?
  • Options
    Sounds like a typical Charlton centre half, lets face it if he was as good as we are all hoping we wouldnt have got him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Llera ooooooooooooooooowwww oooooooooooo
    Llera oooooooooooooowwwwwwwoooooooooo
    he dont come from Portugal
    but he f**kin hates Millwall

Llera oooooooooooooowwwoooooooooooo
  • Options
    Sod all the "what does this mean in terms of the manager / takeover", I have a far more important question.
    How the hell do you pronounce his name?. BDL? Anyone?
  • Options
    lee air rer
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]are you really suggesting his position has not been put in doubt my top level club officials?

It has been in doubt, but my point stands.
  • Options
    he played 27 times for mk dons last year, was he missing thru injury for half their games or not considered good enough....
  • Options
    Llera ..... isn't he Welsh, with a name like that ....?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Whisper it but at work there is actually an MK Dons fan and he thinks that Llera is a quality defender and that we have done well to get him and that he left the franchise boys far to early.He see's it as a step up for him which is a good thing. Time will tell how good he is for us but I am cautiously optimistic!
  • Options
    Some more comments:
    He is very good in the air and will rarely come out second in an aerial battle. He always gets stuck in and is a tough defender. He can be clumsy sometimes however. He has one of the best passes for a centre back I have ever seen. His long range passing is phenomenally accurate.

Good luck to him and will be nice to see him play again.

I still have nightmares of him not picking up Fryatts run into the box to score a goal from a corner. Everybody could see it but him and he just stood motionless like a statue.

Sometimes he lacks concentration and vision.'

I actually thought his distribution was poor to be honest, in fact probably weakest of any of our players in the back 4. He's good in the air and puts his head where it hurts and gives 100%. But he will make mistakes and will pick up yellow cards like train tickets (10 last year plus a red). He missed a sitter against Scunny which would have given us the lead in the first leg of the playoff semi. Overall I would say you have a reasonable player for the league. HIs performance in the second half of the season were better than his early ones, so he may be an improving player which you can take advantage of

I cannot disagree with any of the comments relating to Miguel's playing ability - very hot and cold.

However, one overiding memory he will unfortunately leave me with is his natural continental penchant for pretending to be shot by a point blank 88mm anytime he remotely got involved in a 50/50 tackle.

Didn't endear himself to opposition fans for this and, to be honest, I also felt a bit ashamed he was representing our team.
    Deffo wears his heart on his sleeve and will always give you 110% effort but not always productively.

Good luck for the season.

Miquel Angel Defensive Error!!
  • Options
    Some comments from the man himself:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=34373
  • Options
    No clues on the shirt then...